Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phoenpe_Itsupport
Contributor
Contributor

When we are fetching the data from Jira in Qlik, we only getting system fields and not the custom fields. Can you tell me how we can fetch the custom

When we are fetching the data from Jira in Qlik, we only getting system fields and not the custom fields. Can you tell me how we can fetch the custom fields too?

Labels (1)
  • jira

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @Phoenpe_Itsupport ,

It seems like the jira api represents the custom fields as field ids, since display names can sometimes be not unique, you can have two custom fields with the name: Super Description

But their field ids will be different for example: customfield_10034, customfield_10035

So in your response the custom fields will be named as field ids as described above like: customfield_10035.

I tested this with the block 'List Issues', and i also created a custom field in JIRA, and found that in the response its named as an id.

I searched google for a way to get the labels of the custom fields and not the ids and found the following post:

How do you get custom field labels from API for JI... (atlassian.com)

The use of the 'expand' property with the value of 'names' needs to be used it seems.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @Phoenpe_Itsupport ,

It seems like the jira api represents the custom fields as field ids, since display names can sometimes be not unique, you can have two custom fields with the name: Super Description

But their field ids will be different for example: customfield_10034, customfield_10035

So in your response the custom fields will be named as field ids as described above like: customfield_10035.

I tested this with the block 'List Issues', and i also created a custom field in JIRA, and found that in the response its named as an id.

I searched google for a way to get the labels of the custom fields and not the ids and found the following post:

How do you get custom field labels from API for JI... (atlassian.com)

The use of the 'expand' property with the value of 'names' needs to be used it seems.