cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spartan27215
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

determine if an item is NOT in a list

I am trying to figure out how to determine if an item is NOT in a list so that I can perform the appropriate logic.

In my situation I used Qlik Cloud Services block "List Spaces" There are a few list blocks that I have tried.

Filter List: Tried Filtering the list where the List Name DOES NOT match my Supplied name. This only provides as output all of the list items that do not match my filter. 

Lookup Item In List: did same thing as Filter List.

How can I determine that "A" is not in the list "B", "C", D", etc.?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @Spartan27215 ,

Judging by the first image, for one you are not using the condition block, but the filter one.

Second what you are doing is saying:

"if name list does not contain xxxx value"

name is not a list of items, its a string, so this wont work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @Spartan27215 ,

You have the condition block where there are a set number of options for expressions, one of the options for list types is "list does not contain" x value.

Best Regards

Spartan27215
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I tried the option "list does not contain" and that did the same thing as "does not equal" in that it gives me all of the list items except the one being tested as output. See screen shots.

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @Spartan27215 ,

Judging by the first image, for one you are not using the condition block, but the filter one.

Second what you are doing is saying:

"if name list does not contain xxxx value"

name is not a list of items, its a string, so this wont work.

Spartan27215
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

The condition block does not work on a list. I just need to know if an item is not in the list. This should not be hard, and if this is not possible it should be. I need to know if the NAME of a managed space is not i the list of spaces so I can create that space and publish an app to the newly created space.

Spartan27215
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I went back to the condition block and explored more of its options. One was when I select the Name, I had previously indicated to return the first one, I have since changed that to return all and then used the condition "list does not contain" and Viola! It works.