Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Data Transfer Problems:

Hi,

My Data Transfer is not working very well. 

I have a folder type connection , to upload qvd files into my SaaS tenant.

The qvds in that folder are updated everyday, a QVW (Qlikview) application runs and store the qvds in that folder.

The problem is that Data Transfer is not "watching" that the qvds are updated, so It doesn't upload the information into SaaS. It was doing it last week..  every time the qvds were updated, data transfer uploaded them.

So I manually pressed "load" to upload the data from that folder, and it remained in loading status for like an hour, they are not heavy qvds..  and last week the process only took a few minutes.

FranciscoQ_1-1649258928908.png

After that, the loading process failed and this is the error that appeared:

FranciscoQ_3-1649267804238.png

Anyway, I tried again. Manually, another long time loading,  and again the same error appeared, but in another file:

FranciscoQ_1-1649333671657.png

I tried another time and the data was uploaded.

But I couldn't make happen that the conection noticed that the qvds are updated to load them automatically. 

It doesn't end here. I have another folder conection with only one excel file. I modified it in order to see if Data Transfer would noticed that the info was updated. Succesfully Data Transfer detected that, and uploade the excel file into SaaS.

But it Uploaded two excel files, both are the same, one with the correct name, and another excel file with a " ~$ " prefix:

FranciscoQ_1-1649267525923.png

There is only one file in the folder:

FranciscoQ_2-1649267622040.png

I don't know what is going on. And what should I do, reinstalling it maybe?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @FranciscoQ,

Please try the very new April 2022 release, it has some improvments which should solve your issue:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-DataTransfer-April-2022-IR/ta-p/1917238

Regards,

Benoit

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @FranciscoQ,

Please try the very new April 2022 release, it has some improvments which should solve your issue:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-DataTransfer-April-2022-IR/ta-p/1917238

Regards,

Benoit

CD1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi FranciscoQ,

Did you resolve this issue?

I have the same problem of QDT not detecting that a QVD has changed and the version is November 2022.

Best regards,

Claire

costabravamediterraneanfoods

Hi, same here, QDT doesnt detect QVD changes only random files are uploaded.

If we load manually QDT upload all files, we need a solution please.