Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jb_1234
Contributor II
Contributor II

Lib Connect Variable

Hello all,

I use qlik cloud. I have two spaces with two seperate data sources (one for DEV and one for PRD ). The data are similar and I want to use the same dashboard in both the spaces and the dashboard to display based on the connected data. Could you help me in this ? Is it possible. One space is shared space and one space is managed space.
How can I change the lib connect statement ?

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Not sure what you mean by "Based on the connected data".

You can load from two different environments, e.g.

Load *, 'PRD' From SomePlace (Prod);

Load *, 'DEV' From SomePlace (Dev);

And then use a filter (ideally with Always One Selected to avoid confusion) in your app.

You can also use a variable to determine which one to load, but this is not something users will be able to do on the fly since the app is already loaded by the time they access it. See e.g.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Qlik-Sense-Dynamically-change-the-environment-variable...

jb_1234
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

I meant based on the data connection. I want my script to load the data by checking which server it is connected to. 

for eg. dev is connected to data connection x.

prd to y, i want the app to recognize the connection by an if statement and load the data accordingly.

Or
MVP
MVP

Then you'll want the link at the end of my post (You can also search for this, there are other threads about the same question with perhaps more details).