Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saranya_Durairaj
Contributor
Contributor

Receiving an Error while connecting MS Access DB via ODBC in Qlik Cloud

Hi All,

Recently, we upgraded the data gateway to 1.6.7 on the DEV server.. After that, we are trying to connect to the MS access database via ODBC, but getting below error,

Status(StatusCode="Internal", Detail="Command testconnection returned non-success: Error message:
Please check the values for Username‚ Password‚ Host and other properties. Description: General error - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Access database engine cannot open or write to the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data.

However, the same database connection working in Production server with version 1.6.6.

Kindly advice any solution for that.

Thanks,

Saranya

1 Reply
samuel898
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Saranya_Durairaj wrote:

Hi All,

Recently, we upgraded the data gateway to 1.6.7 on the DEV server.. After that, we are trying to connect to the MS access database via ODBC, but getting below error,

Status(StatusCode="Internal", Detail="Command testconnection returned non-success: Error message:
Please check the values for Username‚ Password‚ Host and other properties. Description: General error - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Access database engine cannot open or write to the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data. Spotify Pie

However, the same database connection working in Production server with version 1.6.6.

Kindly advice any solution for that.

Thanks,

Saranya

Hello,

I'm also facing this issue after upgrading the data gateway to 1.6.7. When trying to connect to the MS Access database via ODBC, I get an error stating that the database is either opened exclusively by another user or I need permission to view and write its data. The same connection works fine on the Production server with version 1.6.6. Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

samuel898