Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abrie_M
Contributor III
Contributor III

Compose Gen2 Data lakes project - SYS-E-WEBEXTIMEOUT

Good day

In Compose (Gen2) version 2021.8.0.465, when using Recreate Views on a project with a lot of tables, we are getting a webex timeout. I believe the views are  recreated in the background, but would like a confirmation.

Any way to set the timeout to a bigger value?

Abrie_M_0-1647587050846.png

Labels (3)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi @Abrie_M 

Can you please enable the "Generate DDL scripts but do not run them" option and recreate the views? 
I've attached a screenshot for the same.

Please keep me updated with the results. 

Regards,
Adam

View solution in original post

Abrie_M
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Adam

Thank you for the suggestion. I've extracted the DDL and will run it in Hive/Hue.

Will have to find the best way, eventually, because some of our projects have more than 500 tables.

I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Regards

Abrie

Abrie_M
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nanda

I was able to run the DDL and create the views in Hue. I'll work on this with our Cloudera admins and log a ticket if we can get more detailed information.

Thanx

Abrie

6 Replies
Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi @Abrie_M 

Can you please enable the "Generate DDL scripts but do not run them" option and recreate the views? 
I've attached a screenshot for the same.

Please keep me updated with the results. 

Regards,
Adam

Abrie_M
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Adam

Thank you for the suggestion. I've extracted the DDL and will run it in Hive/Hue.

Will have to find the best way, eventually, because some of our projects have more than 500 tables.

I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Regards

Abrie

Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Thank you @Abrie_M , I will be waiting for your reply on this. 

However, in case you'll face the same error, or a new error/issue, then please, raise a case to the support team provided with the deployment package, server logs, and full description of the issue (including a screenshot of the error) and I will investigate it further. 

Please keep me updated, and do not hesitate to contact me for any doubts you might have. 

Regards,
Adam

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

Hello @Abrie_M 

I just wanted to follow up with @Adam_Herman comments to see if you are still having the Webex timeout error when recreating the views. If so, please open a support case and the team should be able to find the root cause and fix it.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nanda

Abrie_M
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nanda

I was able to run the DDL and create the views in Hue. I'll work on this with our Cloudera admins and log a ticket if we can get more detailed information.

Thanx

Abrie

Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Thank you for the update @Abrie_M - Yes please, 

Please notice, that you might be facing issues/errors which we have already addressed in our latest patches of Compose.
Therefore, please keep me updated on any issues, raise a ticket for the same, and I will gladly assist - That would be the best way to investigate your case.

Many thanks!

Have a great day ahead 🙂 

Regards,
Adam