Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adiaz25
Contributor
Contributor

if with multiple conditions

hey qlikers!

Can we help me whit this?

Created the next field: if the contract is 0 put 3, if it's empty put 3 and if  it's different  put contract  lenght years

if (contract_length_yrs__c= 0, 3,
    if (Match(contract_length_yrs__c,'',' '), 3,
          if (IsNull(contract_length_yrs__c), 3, contract_length_yrs__c))) as contract_length_yrs__c

now I need to create a field that 

if(Outcome='Lost', RFP_est,
    if(match (Outcome,'No Bid'),RFP_est,
         if(match(Outcome,'RFP Withdrawn by Customer'), RFP_est) ) )

Where RFP_est=  date(AddMonths((AddYears("createdate",contract_length_yrs__c)),-6,0),'MM/DD/YYYY') as RFP_est 

but for some reason when the contract_length_yrs__c is "empty " it doesn't give me "3" and can't calculate  "the RFP_est"

I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You can not refer to a created field within the same load statement. Your reference to [contract_length_yrs__c] is the original field value not the value created with your if statement.

You can avoid this problem by using a preceding load

LOAD

if(Outcome='Lost', RFP_est,

if(match (Outcome,'No Bid'),RFP_est,

if(match(Outcome,'RFP Withdrawn by Customer'), RFP_est) ) ) as FIELDNAME,

*;

LOAD

if (contract_length_yrs__c= 0, 3,

if (Match(contract_length_yrs__c,'',' '), 3,

if (IsNull(contract_length_yrs__c), 3, contract_length_yrs__c))) as contract_length_yrs__c

FROM Source;

adiaz25
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Vegar, 

Thanks for your help @Vegar 

Just create the contract_length_yrs__c field from load editor and the others (RFP_est and NEXT_rfp)   as measures in master items

regards!!