cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldunovant
Contributor
Contributor

Compose Cli generating error

I'm pretty new to Qlik.  I'm using May 2022 (2022.5.0.403) version of Compose.  Per documentation I should be able to use ComposeCli.exe to export objects to csv files.  From Administrato Command Window, the command I'm using is 

composecli.exe export_csv --project ProjectName --outfolder c:\FolderName

This fails with error SYS-E-SESS_LOST,  The client is not connected to the Server.  Please connect and then try again.

ldunovant_0-1683066970126.png

Please assist.  What am I doing wrong?

LD

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @ldunovant 

At the composecli prompt, try entering "connect" (without the quotes) and pressing enter - then try your export command. Please let us know the results.

Thanks,

Dana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @ldunovant 

At the composecli prompt, try entering "connect" (without the quotes) and pressing enter - then try your export command. Please let us know the results.

Thanks,

Dana

ldunovant
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Dana_Baldwin that worked.  thank you so much.  Is there a document somewhere that I can refer to for everything Compose Cli?

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

You're welcome @ldunovant 

There isn't a specific or separate document on using ComposeCli, but it is mentioned in a few places in the User Guide if you search for it:

Start | Qlik Compose Help

Hope this helps

Dana

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@ldunovantAs Dana mentioned there isn't a specific document for all the available options from Composecli command. But typing "composecli --help" from the installation bin folder will list all the available options.

Below is the part of the output from  "composecli --help" command.

Nanda_Ravindra_2-1683084781467.png

For further help with the individual command you can specify --help with a specific operation. Like this:

composecli generate_upgrade_scripts --help

Nanda_Ravindra_3-1683084877950.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nanda