Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TranHuynh
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create new dimension in Data Mart and getting error with new auto generated "oid" column

Hi,

I'm getting this error while validating a data mart after I added a dimension table to the schema and click Generate button.

TranHuynh_0-1697104703111.png

Now I can't Drop and Recreate table or Generate new script. I tried to delete these column manually in the database, however, Compose still shows these columns in the data mart tables. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@TranHuynh I am not sure why the model won't validate after you added the dimension table.  That being said, depending on the version of Compose you are running Compose should have given you the option to adjust the data mart automatically after you validate the datamart.

Nonetheless, if you have deleted the column manually in the backend, then our Compose UI doesn't know the value has changed. So, there is a caching issue between the UI and what is in the database.

Please run these steps and let me know if you are able to drop and recreate the table.

1. From the project drop-down menu, select the setting and enable “Generate DDL scripts but do not run them”     
  2. DM pane-> manage ->  drop and create 
  3. Confirm and run
  4. When you close the window, it will prompt you to run the script but DO NOT run the scripts. Just close the window - this will trick compose to think we are creating the tables.
  5. Now uncheck the “Generate DDL scripts but do not run them”     from Step#1
  6. Now drop and recreate the DM - this should sync the UI and what is in the database

Thanks,

Nanda

TranHuynh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Nanda,

I followed your instruction, but on the last step, when I clicked Drop and Recreate, it still show the same issue.

Is there any other way?

Thanks,

Tran

Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi @TranHuynh 

I got a case from Matt, we need the diagnostic package please, and DataMart logs to be attached to the case.

This way we can investigate the issue further and gain more insights. 

Beast,

Adam

TranHuynh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Adam,

The diagnostic package size is larger than maximum file size to attach here, I also cannot share file from my company drive outside of organization. Hence, here's the link to the package stored in my personal drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13-njzSib7KK_rFfuqBWIiHMVJwHwyo1v/view?usp=sharing

And how can I extract the DataMart logs?

Thanks,

Tran

Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi @TranHuynh 

I have received the package from Matt, but it seems we are still missing a few crucial details.
To ensure we address this effectively, we need to handle it through the existing case that has been created. I will inform Matt about this.

I kindly request you to reach out to him in parallel to obtain the latest update and ownership information of the case he initiated.

This will enable us to collaborate closely and move forward efficiently on this matter.

Best,

Adam