Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhi_719
Contributor
Contributor

Data Warehouse already contains tables error while creating a new DW

Hello,

We keep on getting the error stating Data Warehouse tables are already present when we try to create new Data Warehouse in Compose. Tried resetting the project and also cannot see any new tables in the target database. Can anyone assist with getting around this error ?

Abhi_719_0-1668456947752.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@Abhi_719  I agree re-setting the project should have cleared the tables if there are any tables/views left behind. Based on what I see from the screenshot it looks like there is some caching issue. Before  I have you open a case with support, I would like to try the below 2 options:

Option#1:

1. From the project drop-down menu, select the 'setting ' and enable “Generate DDL scripts but do not run them”
  2. In the DWH pane, select the 'create database' option, once created close the window  - this will create a DWH script and ask you to run the script manually, but no need to run any script outside of Compose.
  3. Go back to the project drop-down menu, select the 'setting ' and disable “Generate DDL scripts but do not run them”
  4. From the  DWH pane drop-down menu, select the 'drop and recreate table' option and only enable 'Drop table' - see below
    1. Nanda_Ravindra_0-1668461476572.png
  5. Compose should now let you create the data warehouse table

Note: In steps #1 thru 3, we are tricking Compose to think there are table that exists in the database.

Option#2 :

1. . Create a deployment package

2. Delete and recreate the same project

3. If you need the model then deploy the package from step#1

Hopefully one of them will work for you.

Thanks,

Nanda

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@Abhi_719  Are you sure these DHW tables are not there in the database ? please check the views; if any are present, you'll need to delete that and retry the create DWH option.

If the above doesn't work, please share the screenshot of the DWH pannel.

Thanks,

Nanda

Abhi_719
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Nanda_Ravindra we are positive there are no tables or views in the database. We do have tables present from other projects which I think should be irrelevant to our current project.

Also, I would guess that resetting project should clear the tables out too. We have tried a few times but does not work.

Abhi_719_0-1668459213613.png

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@Abhi_719  I agree re-setting the project should have cleared the tables if there are any tables/views left behind. Based on what I see from the screenshot it looks like there is some caching issue. Before  I have you open a case with support, I would like to try the below 2 options:

Option#1:

1. From the project drop-down menu, select the 'setting ' and enable “Generate DDL scripts but do not run them”
  2. In the DWH pane, select the 'create database' option, once created close the window  - this will create a DWH script and ask you to run the script manually, but no need to run any script outside of Compose.
  3. Go back to the project drop-down menu, select the 'setting ' and disable “Generate DDL scripts but do not run them”
  4. From the  DWH pane drop-down menu, select the 'drop and recreate table' option and only enable 'Drop table' - see below
    1. Nanda_Ravindra_0-1668461476572.png
  5. Compose should now let you create the data warehouse table

Note: In steps #1 thru 3, we are tricking Compose to think there are table that exists in the database.

Option#2 :

1. . Create a deployment package

2. Delete and recreate the same project

3. If you need the model then deploy the package from step#1

Hopefully one of them will work for you.

Thanks,

Nanda