Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abTech
Contributor III
Contributor III

Enable Windows Athuntication for sql server data source

comp.png

I'm installing Qlik compose locally on my PC, wanted to connect to SQL server database which is already configured for WA, i cant find the attunity compose service on windows services, any help..

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @abTech 

In more recent versions, the service name was changed from "Attunity Compose" to "Qlik Compose", please look for it with this name.

Thanks,

Dana

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @abTech 

As Dana mentioned, please refer the below screenshot for reference

sureshkumar_0-1718072782226.png

Regards,
Suresh

abTech
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your great support, i check the compose service and its running probaly, but still cannt connect to the SQL server database.

i have enabled SQL Server login from the SQL server and asign a user name and password, but still the same issue.

Compose.png

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @abTech 

This is a connection issue which is caused at the source DB.

I would suggest verifying the Server name given or try with IP address.

Pease verify remote connection is enabled on the server.

Try restarting the Qlik Compose Server and Qlik Service and check.

And also ping/telnet SQL Server ip address in Compose Server

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred - SQL Server | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Suresh

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @abTech 

Related to one of Suresh's comments, you can check & set remote connections in the SQL Server database here: View or Configure Remote Server Connection Options (SQL Server) - SQL Server | Microsoft Learn

Thanks,

Dana

cekar
Contributor
Contributor

I like to see installers ask for service accounts as they are most likely going to be different than the installer credentials. You don't want your service to run with DBO or under a person's account (both are against best practice), but the installer may need elevated permissions for table manipulation, etc.
If the instance is on the same server as the service, you can use a local machine account to run the service under, and grant that account permissions within the database just like any other user. Maybe you can change the service account after installation?
As for security, typically, I like a database role with all the permissions needed, and then add whatever user the app is going to run as to that database role - it has the added benefit of allowing you to test those permissions separately from the application.
If I didn't hit on what you're trying to solve, let me know, and I'll see if I can narrow my answer up a bit (Edited to fix wrong advice)