Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimFerguson
Contributor II
Contributor II

Loading speed from data warehouse to BI tool (Qlik Sense)

Hello everyone, I couldn't find a direct answer for this.

Do loading tables from a data warehouse into a BI tool (in my case, qlik sense) will be faster or much faster than loading the tables from an operational database like mysql into qlik sense?

I did load a few tables, one of them on the heavier side from redshift, but it was a "clean" data model so i couldnt compare it to our "messy" one that gets the data from mysql.

(I'm not talking about the transformation phase; only the load phase from the database) I see quite a few data structures that involve a cloud datalake with a data warehouse that are being absorbed by the BI toll eventually.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@KimFerguson In general, the best practice is to use Data Warehouse or Data lake to move data into any downstream application as this approach is much faster than moving data from the real database.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nanda

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@KimFerguson In general, the best practice is to use Data Warehouse or Data lake to move data into any downstream application as this approach is much faster than moving data from the real database.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nanda

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@KimFerguson If there are any follow-up questions from my previous post,  please open a  support case and we will be happy to assist you on this.

Thanks,

Nanda