Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Al_gar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Recover failed taks

For Qlik Compose for DW 2023.11.0.69 and SQL Server 2019 we have a full load task that runs couple of times a day. If this task is at 98% completion (1612/1633) and fails due to insufficient system memory or connectivity or any other server related issue, is there a way for Qlik Compose to recover or pick up where the load failed? Although not ideal, but if there's no way for Qlik Compose to recover is not possible, is a manual rerun of the failed and remaining ETL task statements an option? 

Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @Al_gar 

As i checked internally i don't think we have an option to run manually failed job.

Instead, we can concentrate on Why Memory issue is happening and which process is consuming more memory.

Why Full Load only task, why not having CDC task enable.

Regards,

Suresh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @Al_gar 

I would suggest adding any sql state error code and connectivity error code in the below section

Retry on these SQL state classes:
Retry also on these error codes:

Qlik Compose will try to recover/retry based on the error codes mentioned.

Regards,

Suresh

Al_gar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @sureshkumar. We're adding some error codes as they happen, but what about the scenario presented above? The error code we had was related "sqlstate 'S0123', errorcode '701', message 'There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'default' to run this query.' ". Is it possible to manually recover w/o breaking any referential integrity in Compose?

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @Al_gar 

As i checked internally i don't think we have an option to run manually failed job.

Instead, we can concentrate on Why Memory issue is happening and which process is consuming more memory.

Why Full Load only task, why not having CDC task enable.

Regards,

Suresh

Al_gar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @sureshkumar. The above error was just a particular case of many different errors that one might get during a full load. In our case this full load task is loading some views that we need to convert to use CDC.