Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Al_gar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to run ETL script

Unable to run the ETL tasks after successfully generating the ETL task statements in Data Warehouse. I tried clearing the Landing cache and even switching browsers, but still the run button is not enabled:

algb_0-1673892064554.png

Mapping are enabled for logical entity and there's no error messages. What could be the cause for the Run button to be disabled?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@Al_gar There is also a "Clear meta cache' under the 'Data Warehouse' drop-down, could you also clear that and see if that enables you to run the ETL?

Nanda_Ravindra_0-1673964716606.png

If the above doesn't work, please follow the below steps and feel free to back up the project folder before following the below steps.

Note: From the problem description,  it looks like there is an issue with the project's metadata, and we need to realign the project's metadata cache with the model.  With the below option enabled you will not be dropping the table, the message in the UI will say you'll be dropping the table but it really doesn’t drop the table since you'll be enabling the "Generate DDL scripts but do not run them” in the project setting.

If you are not comfortable or need assistance to run these steps, please open a case with support and we will walk you thru the steps.

1. From the project drop-down menu, select the setting and enable “Generate DDL scripts but do not run them”     
  2. DWH pane-> select drop and create DWH->make sure to check both drop and create options.->click OK
  3. Confirm and run
  4. When you close the window, it will prompt you to run the script, but DO NOT run the scripts. Just close the window - this will trick compose to think we are creating the tables.
  5. Once created, clear the metadata cache again,  run the validation on the DWH
  6. You should now be able to see the "Run" button enabled.
  7. Uncheck the project settings option "Generate DDL but do not run them".

Here are some screenshots...

For Step#1

Nanda_Ravindra_2-1673966645476.png

For Ste#2 

Nanda_Ravindra_3-1673966723167.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@Al_gar There is also a "Clear meta cache' under the 'Data Warehouse' drop-down, could you also clear that and see if that enables you to run the ETL?

Nanda_Ravindra_0-1673964716606.png

If the above doesn't work, please follow the below steps and feel free to back up the project folder before following the below steps.

Note: From the problem description,  it looks like there is an issue with the project's metadata, and we need to realign the project's metadata cache with the model.  With the below option enabled you will not be dropping the table, the message in the UI will say you'll be dropping the table but it really doesn’t drop the table since you'll be enabling the "Generate DDL scripts but do not run them” in the project setting.

If you are not comfortable or need assistance to run these steps, please open a case with support and we will walk you thru the steps.

1. From the project drop-down menu, select the setting and enable “Generate DDL scripts but do not run them”     
  2. DWH pane-> select drop and create DWH->make sure to check both drop and create options.->click OK
  3. Confirm and run
  4. When you close the window, it will prompt you to run the script, but DO NOT run the scripts. Just close the window - this will trick compose to think we are creating the tables.
  5. Once created, clear the metadata cache again,  run the validation on the DWH
  6. You should now be able to see the "Run" button enabled.
  7. Uncheck the project settings option "Generate DDL but do not run them".

Here are some screenshots...

For Step#1

Nanda_Ravindra_2-1673966645476.png

For Ste#2 

Nanda_Ravindra_3-1673966723167.png

Al_gar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Nanda_Ravindra , I got the Run button enabled and I was able to run the task. However, the task failed and the button got disabled again. Do I need to rerun the steps again to get the Run button enabled? Also noted that the Data Mart instructions have been removed so I had regenerate and run.

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@Al_gar  Which step did you follow to get the "Run' button enabled? Clearing metadata cache and landing cache or did you end up selecting “Generate DDL scripts but do not run them”?

What was the reason for the task failure? You may want to fix that first, I don't have all the details for the issue you are reporting, but it sounds like you may have a column that is not mapped to any values. 

You can follow the same step that worked for you to get the 'Run' button enabled, and if the problem persists, I would suggest you open a case with support, and the team can find the root cause and fix it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nanda

Al_gar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Using “Generate DDL scripts but do not run them” worked for me. When the task failed it was due to a column NULL value constraint. Thanks for the support.