Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joaofariajcff
Contributor
Contributor

How to count the total number of rows in a server

I just started working in a company that uses Qlik Sense Enterprise as data analytics/visualization tool. 
The licenses are core-based and are used in a server with 128 Gb of RAM,  which is more than enough, since the historical peak of usage is around 100 Gb. 

Nowadays, our hardware bottleneck is definitely on licensed CPU cores, which are 6.

Since some workers had complained about the "performance" and the Operations Monitor shows some events of 100% of CPU usage, we want to expand the number of licensed cores. 

To use the "Qlik Sizing" to estimate the resources required (including CPU), we need to count the total number of "rows" that are stored in our server to determine the "size" of the server. In terms of concurrent users we would be classified as "xsmall", which not necessarily is the case.

Thus, if someone could help, I would like to know if there is a way to count the total number of rows stored in our server.

Thanks

Labels (3)
3 Replies
snibrahim1993
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @joaofariajcff  You mean to count the number of rows in Qlik Sense?

If it's 

Use the below functions in the data load script

RowNo()

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

Regards, Mohamed Ibrahim.
If this resolves your Query please like and accept this as an answer.
joaofariajcff
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Actually, I was looking for a global counter.

The enterprise server is used by many people from different sectors. 
So it might be a little difficult to use "RowNo()" at the end of each data load script, since there are dozens of it which are developed by different people and most of them are not programmers.

So, "RowNo()" is a solution, but it look like it is not scalable.
Furthermore, I am new to Qlik Sense, so please correct me if I said soomething wrong.

snibrahim1993

@joaofariajcff  Can you explain your issue more clearly and what're your expectations in detail ,

I'll try to help

Regards, Mohamed Ibrahim.
If this resolves your Query please like and accept this as an answer.