Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VINAY98
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Need clarification under Repository Connection.

Hi Team, 

In have installed Qlik Enterprise Manager for the first time & also I am using Qlik replicate. In Qlik Enterprise Manager under Repository connection after giving all credential do we have to click Initialize Analytics Repository for the old database for postgres. Since, it is showing for the new database & while clicking the Initialize Analytics Repository it says that it will delete any previously stored analytics data from the postgres database.

I gone through the Qlik Enterprise Manager document but still having doubt's on it.

Please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinay

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
narendersarva
Support
Support

Hi @VINAY98 

If you have an existing Postgres database with data in it that you want to keep please skip the  Initialize Analytics Repository button because it will delete any existing data in the database.

Thanks
Naren

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Hi @VINAY98 

Using a new Postgres database will ask you to initialize it. New Enterprise Manager objects will be created in the Postgres database. For the list of tables created, please refer to this link. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/enterprise-manager/November2022/Content/EnterpriseManager/Main/Analytics...

The initialize option should only show up for new databases or if you uninstalled Enterprise Manager and started with a fresh data folder.  

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
narendersarva
Support
Support

Hi @VINAY98 

If you have an existing Postgres database with data in it that you want to keep please skip the  Initialize Analytics Repository button because it will delete any existing data in the database.

Thanks
Naren

VINAY98
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Naren,

Thanks for your reply. I had skipped Initialize Analytics Repository button but still not able to start it. Do I need to give Additional Connection Properties under Repository Connection.

And do I need to start collector & start purge under Analytics settings.

Please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinay

Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Hi @VINAY98 

Repository Connections always need to be initialized the first time a new Postgres database is used. It will only delete existing QEM table objects if the database has been used in a different QEM instance where the objects have been created once already. The initialization process creates QEM table objects as previously referenced which store your analytics data for the dashboards.

Other tables not related to QEM table objects will not be deleted from initialization. It is recommended to use a dedicated database so there is no resource competition from uses of the database by other users/tables.

The collector will need to be started once initialization has been completed once. The purger button is used to delete data from the QEM table objects based on your set intervals and the amount of data to keep or delete.

Please refer to the user guide for in-depth details.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/enterprise-manager/November2022/Content/EnterpriseManager/Main/Administr...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
VINAY98
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Alan_Wang,

Thanks for the update. 

Its working now for me.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinay