Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DGE_TAS
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Web Connector install

Hello,

I have to upgrade a Qlik Sense Enterprise for windows site from Fev 2022 to may 2023.

According to "What's new in Qlik Sense May 2022" there is not need for Qlik Web Connectors to be separately installed as the  Qlik Web Connectors are included in Qlik Sense Enterprise Client-Managed.

Does it means that before to proceed with upgrading QS, is it required to unistall the previous Qlik Web Connectors first?

If yes, after the upgrade, does the Qlik Web Connectors service will be still visible into the service manager windows ?

Thanks in advance.

DGE

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

So far I know you don't need to uninstall them, in fact you have to keep them installed as the apps that use those connectors needs them to work (they will have a "from url:5555" or like that to use web connector").

New apps or if you modify your apps to use the included web connectors or standar connectors so in the future you can avoid the use of manually installed web connectors.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, so far I know all conectors are included by default but the way to use them may vary from the way they were used in web connectors, so I would try the upgrade to keep using the web connectors as they were used by the apps and then gradually start a migration to use the default connectors instead of web connectors.

DGE_TAS
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

Thanks for your response but I admit to be still a bit confuse. 

In fact, I already did the QS update including in my process the web connectors update. I means that I also installed QlikWebConnectors June 2023. It was after that i found that "there is not need for Qlik Web Connectors to be separately installed" with the QlikSense May 2023 setup .

So now, the Qlik Sense Web Connectors Service is running with the QlikWebConnectors June 2023 executable.

That why my previous question: "before to proceed with upgrading QS, is it required to unistall the previous Qlik Web Connectors first?"

rubenmarin

So far I know you don't need to uninstall them, in fact you have to keep them installed as the apps that use those connectors needs them to work (they will have a "from url:5555" or like that to use web connector").

New apps or if you modify your apps to use the included web connectors or standar connectors so in the future you can avoid the use of manually installed web connectors.