Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewbieQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

patch_endpoint API to update Replicate Oracle source end point attribute

Hi

I have created an AWS lambda function to update source oracle endpoint attribute archivedLogDestId using python. 

my payload to patch_endpoint is [{"op":"replace","path":"/db_settings/archivedLogDestId","value":str(taskdet['oracledestid'])}] along with that I am passing replicate server name and endpoint name. When I tried to run the lambda I am getting "errorMessage": "'AemClient' object has no attribute 'patch_endpoint'"

I am able use EM API's to get server details , task details and archivedLogDestId (existing value using export_task) from the task, but for some reason patch_endpoint is not working. Any help on this topic is greatly appriciated

7 Replies
sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @NewbieQlik 

Any specific error you're getting while executing PatchEndpoint. kindly share us the curl command you're trying to execute.

Regards,

Suresh

NewbieQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am getting this error "errorMessage": "'AemClient' object has no attribute 'patch_endpoint'". I am not using curl I am trying patch_endpoint from lambda using python.

This is what I am trying

aem_program.aem_client.patch_endpoint([{"op":"replace","path":"/db_settings/archivedLogDestId","value":str(taskdet['oracledestid'])}], servername, str(taskdet['endpointname']))

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @NewbieQlik 

Request you to please elaborate PATCH endpoint in the context to get info around it.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

NewbieQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I figured out the issue, the reason why I am getting this error is because the aem_client.py that I am using in my lambda does not have patch_endpoint method in it. So I got a newer version of aem_client.py (May 2022 version) and used it in my lambda.

After the change I am getting a different error which is due to the json path. Please see the error below

"errorMessage": "('AEM_PATCH_ENDPOINT_INNER_ERR', 'Failed to patch replication endpoint \"<endpointname>\" from server \"<servername>\". Error \"SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Failed to apply json-patch.\", Detailed error: \"SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Failed to apply json-patch,Failed to parse json; Failed to apply json patch\".')",

I am trying to update oracle source end point attribute archivedLogDestId and the json path for that is 

['cmd.replication_definition']['databases'][0]['db_settings']['archivedLogDestId'] and the payload path that I am sending in my patch_endpoint function is

payload = [{"op":"replace","path":"/cmd.replication_definition/databases/db_settings/archivedLogDestId/","value":str(taskdet['endpointname'])}]

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @NewbieQlik 

Two things that i noticed:

1. path property, going by the documentation the path should be in the following format

/db_settings/endpoint-setting

See the following user guide section

PatchEndpoint | Qlik Enterprise Manager Help

2. I see that the request body needs to be sent as a JSON file

Best Regards

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @NewbieQlik ,

The link you provided is for REST API. Could you verify this link for the patch_endpoint in the Python API

For the payload parameter, it mentions that

"The operation to execute and the field on which to execute the operation (sent as a JSON file)."

If you discover any inaccuracies in the documentation, please submit a support ticket. We will address the issue as promptly as possible.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
NewbieQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This issue is resolved. This is the correct way to pass the payload the json path.

payload = '[{"op":"replace","path":"/db_settings/archivedLogDestId","value":' + str(taskdet['oracledestid']) +'}]'