Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mic_godin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Infotype not modified get deleted

Hello Qlik Support,

We have a project to anonymise HR infotype data.

If we don't modify all infotype available, the one that we don't modify get deleted.

Is it possible to configure Gold Client to copy only the infotype that we anonymise without deleting the others ?

Thanks

Michel Godin

SAP Basis Administrator

Société de Transport de Montréal

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lindsey_Foster1
Employee
Employee

Hi Michel, 

When using Gold Client, if you use the data types HR MASTERS via Client Construct or HR - EMP MAST WITH PAY POSTING or HR - PERSONNEL MASTER with Data Echo, by default, these data types will do the deletion of the pernr records that are written to file, because of the User Exit that exists in your configuration for the HR space and because table PA0003 is being used in these data types. 

If you are only needing to do anonymization on certain infotypes and not all, I recommend doing the transformation/anonymization directly in your target environment.  Along with this recommendation, the other recommendation I can provide is to create a data type in Client Construct or even Data Echo that only has the tables that are needed for the transformation/anonymization process (this recommendation should be utilized with or without the first recommendation of transformation in the target).  With the new data types, for transformation/anonymization, you will need to assign the data type(s) to the transformation rules in Transformation Setup.   This way, only the tables that need to be transformed will be and the other tables will not be touched/deleted.  

If you need additional assistance, please open a support case at this link and we can work through this process. 

Thanks, 

Lindsey

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lindsey_Foster1
Employee
Employee

Hi Michel, 

When using Gold Client, if you use the data types HR MASTERS via Client Construct or HR - EMP MAST WITH PAY POSTING or HR - PERSONNEL MASTER with Data Echo, by default, these data types will do the deletion of the pernr records that are written to file, because of the User Exit that exists in your configuration for the HR space and because table PA0003 is being used in these data types. 

If you are only needing to do anonymization on certain infotypes and not all, I recommend doing the transformation/anonymization directly in your target environment.  Along with this recommendation, the other recommendation I can provide is to create a data type in Client Construct or even Data Echo that only has the tables that are needed for the transformation/anonymization process (this recommendation should be utilized with or without the first recommendation of transformation in the target).  With the new data types, for transformation/anonymization, you will need to assign the data type(s) to the transformation rules in Transformation Setup.   This way, only the tables that need to be transformed will be and the other tables will not be touched/deleted.  

If you need additional assistance, please open a support case at this link and we can work through this process. 

Thanks, 

Lindsey

nisek
Contributor
Contributor

Have done plenty of times, but it depends on what is being changed as to how I manage it. Is it a date change? If so, many other infotype correspond to 0000 that you'll need to update all the other ones as well.