Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kbonillas-24
Contributor
Contributor

Very long export with a Intelligent Slice scenario (3-month slice)

Hello,

I am new to QLIK so I might have a lot of questions. We are running an export  with a intelligent slice scenario. It still running for almost 2 days now. Is that normal? It's there a way to know how much more time it will take? I can see in the log from sm37 writing activity so it still working. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Karen

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lindsey_Foster1
Employee
Employee

Hi Karen, 

Jobs can be canceled via SM37 using standard SAP processes.  

Thanks, 

Lindsey

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lindsey_Foster1
Employee
Employee

Hi Karen, 

You can utilize our Export Dashboard + Export Progress Report functionality to see where in the process the export is.  This report will show whether files are being written or linkages are still being captured.  Another tab will show the progress so far (i.e. what has already been written to file) and then the final tab is the entirety of your job logs (combined together). 

You can get to this from either Export Control (Export Dashboard) or from Configuration -> Export Dashboard.  Once in the Dashboard, find the export that is currently running and open this job name to expand and display all of the jobs that have been generated for this export.  Select the checkbox for only one of those jobs (it doesn't matter which job is selected - the report will show the same details no matter which job is selected) and then select 'Export Progress'.  

There are multiple factors that go in to how long a job will run (amount of data, type of data, hardware, other processes running, etc.) so we are unable to provide an estimate of how much time jobs take to run/how much time is left - but the Export Progress report gives us indication of how much data is left to write to file. 

If additional assistance is needed for this, please open a support case at this link (https://community.qlik.com/t5/crmsupport/page).  Thanks!

Lindsey

Kbonillas-24
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Lindsey,

Thank you for the quick answer. Is there a proper way to cancel an active export?

Thanks!

Karen

Lindsey_Foster1
Employee
Employee

Hi Karen, 

Jobs can be canceled via SM37 using standard SAP processes.  

Thanks, 

Lindsey