Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcioribeiro
Contributor II
Contributor II

Alternate backup folder for SQL Server in Replicate running in Linux

Hi,

I'm running Qlik Replicate in Linux. I've configure a SQL Server source with change processing mode as "Backup Logs Only". Now I'm trying to configure the option "Alternate backup folder". First I try to configure as "\\x.x.x.x\backup", however it failed. Then I copied the backup to Linux server using winscp, and it failed as well.  In both cases, Replicates concatenated an double slash "//" between the folder  I put in "Alternate backup folder" and the name of backup file. See this example:

mssql_locate_log_storage_unit(...) Outputs: StorageUnitDevice=D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Backup\testdb_inc.bak
mssql_compose_alternate_backup_file_spec(...) : /tmp/backup//testdb_inc.bak

Alternate backup file '/tmp/backup//testdb_inc.bak' does not exist. Waiting 10 seconds...

Have someone know how exactly to configure this "Alternate backup folder" option in a Replicate running in Linux ?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

try :

need to set a path that is available to the SQL Server as the backup is reading using an API via the SQL Server.

SQL Server is running on Windows, so Windows format path.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!