Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zwatkinscovermymeds
Contributor III
Contributor III

Azure ADLS Connection Failure: Qlik Replicate

Trying to connect to our data lake using the adls connection.

Getting this error when trying to browse the file system:

• SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Failed to browse storage.
  • SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Failed to browse storage,JAVA_EXCEPTION, message: 'io.swagger.client.ApiException: java.net.ConnectException: Failed to connect to dssanalyticsprodhotsa.dfs.core.windows.net/10.5.64.67:443'

Working with our Azure expert and configurations are correct on that side. "test connection" also results in an error:

• SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Failed to connect to Data lake store name 'dssanalyticsprodhotsa'..
  • SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Failed to connect to Data lake store name 'dssanalyticsprodhotsa'.,JAVA_EXCEPTION, message: 'io.swagger.client.ApiException: java.net.ConnectException: Failed to connect to dssanalyticsprodhotsa.dfs.core.windows.net/10.5.64.67:443'

We are running replicate version 7.0.0.470

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @zwatkinscovermymeds and @Anonymous ,

I reproduced the error with modifying DNS entry, but it could happen for many reasons like azure private network endpoint, Firewall block, wrong DNS entry Etc., It is hard to pinpoint exact issue with out analyzing environment, still I am proposing simple steps that you can try from replicate machine.

swathip_0-1644634047643.png

Run openssl, telnet and tracert commands as below from replicate server. All 3 commands should be able to communicate with your storage account with no issue. If any issues reported as shown below, please contact your network and system admin team to resolve the issues.

swathip_1-1644634047788.png

Once the issue is resolved we should see below result for openssl.

swathip_2-1644634047904.png

Now we can go back to replicate UI and do the test connection again to see the succeeded message.

swathip_3-1644634047972.png

Below is the  Article link for your reference: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/JAVA-EXCEPTION-message-io-swagger-client-ApiException-java-net/ta-p/1892191

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

Regards,

Swathi Pulagam

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Dimitri_Remez
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello Zach,

Thank you for your post! In some similar cases before, we saw that users get this error message when the File Share has been created under the Storage Account in Azure and was used in the Qlik Replicate Endpoint Connection settings File System field, instead of generating the Container under the Storage Account and using it in the same field (which would be the right scenario as the Container is the File System). 

Below you may find some useful documentation in relation to the required permissions and how to set general connection properties, that you might have already seen:

Hope this helps. 

Thank you!

Dimitri

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - were you able to resolve this issue? I'm encountering a similar error. 

What's puzzling to me is that it looks like a java error, so not sure where that is coming from. 

Thanks !

D

shashi_holla
Support
Support

As per the error, it looks like the internal system is using both domain name and IP on port 443. 

"dssanalyticsprodhotsa.dfs.core.windows.net/10.5.64.67:443"

We might have to check this further and use just IP if possible.

SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @zwatkinscovermymeds and @Anonymous ,

I reproduced the error with modifying DNS entry, but it could happen for many reasons like azure private network endpoint, Firewall block, wrong DNS entry Etc., It is hard to pinpoint exact issue with out analyzing environment, still I am proposing simple steps that you can try from replicate machine.

swathip_0-1644634047643.png

Run openssl, telnet and tracert commands as below from replicate server. All 3 commands should be able to communicate with your storage account with no issue. If any issues reported as shown below, please contact your network and system admin team to resolve the issues.

swathip_1-1644634047788.png

Once the issue is resolved we should see below result for openssl.

swathip_2-1644634047904.png

Now we can go back to replicate UI and do the test connection again to see the succeeded message.

swathip_3-1644634047972.png

Below is the  Article link for your reference: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/JAVA-EXCEPTION-message-io-swagger-client-ApiException-java-net/ta-p/1892191

Regards,

Swathi Pulagam

zwatkinscovermymeds
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This issue has been resolved. It was an issue with our firewall.

IDLTeam
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @zwatkinscovermymeds and @Anonymous,

I am facing the same problem.

Could you tell me if it's an issue with a firewall on Azure or purely a network issue? I'm open to all the details about this issue 🙂

Thanks in advance.

JonathanHoarau
Contributor
Contributor

Can you tell me more about this issue please and the resolution please ? 🙂