Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoeyE
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Clarity regarding Change Processing Tuning settings

Hi,

I was reading through the Qlik Replicate Change Processing Tuning settings documentation and came across this message

MoeyE_0-1705359245220.png

I'm a bit confused as to whether this means that when both Apply changes using SQL MERGE and  Optimize inserts are enabled simultaneously then Oracle and Salesforce are not supported as sources. Or does this mean that when EITHER setting is enabled i.e at least 1, then both sources are not supported?

Also, does this include logstream versions of the Oracle and Salesforce? For example if I have a downstream task going from an Oracle logstream source and not the original Oracle source endpoint.

Any help or clarification with this is going to be helpful. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Mohammed

Labels (1)
3 Replies
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @MoeyE ,

I think it means both "The Apply changes using SQL MERGE" and "Optimize inserts" are enabled. Also, "Optimize inserts" can be enabled only when the SQL MERGE is enabled.

In the latest user guide Nov2023, following statements are applied on the SalesForce:

As Salesforce does not generate a FULL after-image, the following limitation applies:
The INSERT the missing target record option and the Batch optimized apply mode of Apply
Changes using SQL MERGE option are not supported. If either of these options is selected, NULL
will be inserted into the target for all corresponding source columns that were not changed in
the UPDATE operation. If one of these columns is NOT NULL, the operation will result in an
error. If a table contains a LOB column, and the column was not changed, the task stops with a
fatal error.

If it means EITHER, above statement should be documented for the Oracle endpoint but above statement is removed from the latest user guide.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

MoeyE
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Desmond,

Thanks 

Regards,

Mohammed