Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoMaOCL
Contributor
Contributor

Configure start SCN for CDC in Qlik Replicate

Hi support, 

We plan to do data migration in source database for Oracle DB upgrade. In the migration process, it will likely reset the Oracle SCN and we foresee it will interrupt the data replication task in Qlik Replicate due to SCN mismatch between source and target database.  May I know if I can reconfigure the start SCN in Qlik Replicate so that the CDC capture can resume  after DB migration? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

not Sure about that SCN will be part of the messages As SCN is on the Oracle ends and replicate use that info for data consistency across endpoint when qlik replicate process the changes it apply to them as per target endpoint configuration.

hope this helps,

Regards,

Sushil Kumar 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

Such scenarios addressed by the PS team. However, we would like to know more about the migration plan and upgrade plan you have. then we would we able to suggest to something.

However, to start the task frm SCN/CSN you can always convert it to timestamp at db level  and start the task from that timestamp.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

MarcoMaOCL
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi support,

In DB migration, we plan to setup new DB server with target software version. The database will export from old DB server and import to new DB server during maintenance.    After DB migration , we will configure Qlik Replicate to connect new DB server to resume CDC.   

As your update, may I know any support documents I can study how to resume the replication task from specific SCN or timestamp ?  

Moreover, the target endpoint is kafka. If resume the capture from new DB, is the new SCN as part of message send to Kafka? 

Thanks 

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

As per your approach to Migrate "we plan to setup new DB server with target software version. The database will export from old DB server and import to new DB server during maintenance."

1.SCN not will be the Same on Migrated Database. Hence you have to Start the replicate task from timestamp.

2. When you Do import then Tables ( object_ID), got changed hence to collect the metadata again so you need to start it from timestamp

so best approach is to test 

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

MarcoMaOCL
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Support, 

May I have your feedback of below question? thx.

"Moreover, the target endpoint is kafka. If resume the capture from new DB, is the new SCN as part of message send to Kafka?"

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

not Sure about that SCN will be part of the messages As SCN is on the Oracle ends and replicate use that info for data consistency across endpoint when qlik replicate process the changes it apply to them as per target endpoint configuration.

hope this helps,

Regards,

Sushil Kumar