Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gvkiranreddy325
Contributor II
Contributor II

File loading to Snowflake using Qlik Replicate

Hi Everyone,

Here i am trying to loading to load the data from CSV file to Snowflake.

I have created the Source(File) and Target(Snowflake) end points in Qlik Replicate.

I am confused when i am creating the Source end point, when it is asking me to create the table, and in table selection it is showing nothing in it.

Can anyone of you provide me any reference or steps to follow/ complete this activity? would be really helpful.

I have searched in youtube and help document, everywhere it is having a reference to create Source end point connection but not having full info.

Quick help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Venkata

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @gvkiranreddy325,

Could you please follow the below link in order to define source endpoint as file?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2022/Content/Replicate/Main/File/define_table_and_full...

Creating a Table

The source table definition must match the column data values in the Full Load file(s). So, for example, if the Full Load data file contains the following delimited columns:

22,January,2014,male,5463565

12,May,2011,female,3236776

9,March,2009,male,9648675

30,June,2002,female,3458795

Information note

Boolean values must be expressed as the digits 1 (TRUE) or 0 (FALSE) and not TRUE or FALSE.

Then the table definitions would look something like this:

SachinB_0-1668744817381.png

Regards,

Sachin B

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @gvkiranreddy325,

Could you please follow the below link in order to define source endpoint as file?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2022/Content/Replicate/Main/File/define_table_and_full...

Creating a Table

The source table definition must match the column data values in the Full Load file(s). So, for example, if the Full Load data file contains the following delimited columns:

22,January,2014,male,5463565

12,May,2011,female,3236776

9,March,2009,male,9648675

30,June,2002,female,3458795

Information note

Boolean values must be expressed as the digits 1 (TRUE) or 0 (FALSE) and not TRUE or FALSE.

Then the table definitions would look something like this:

SachinB_0-1668744817381.png

Regards,

Sachin B

gvkiranreddy325
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for your solution,

I can definitely follow that approach, and i did create the sample file with 5 columns, with respective 5 columns added in Source end point while creating source end point. 

I have followed the help document to create the source table while creating the Source end point, after creating the source end point how to load the file into snowflake?

Should i create the table in target? or Qlik Replicate itself would create the table and load the data                              into target?

Should i create the table for the file which i am processing? My file contains 250+ columns in it, and                           multi headers in the same csv file.

In case of multi headers, data should be filtered and routed to the different tables via Qlik to                                         Snowflake? Can it be achivable via Qlik?

FYI, I am providing source file example as below with sample data, kindly assist me, how to complete this scenario.

CSV file:

Sample data as follows:

type, name, id, org_name, org_id, trans_id, addr1, addr2

type, checktype, trasnsid, addr, location

type, tip_trans, dealer_name

values:

invoice header, person1, 1234, Discover, Disc123, k676887090, Houston Texas, Conroe

invoice line, Checking, j909889009, Conroe, Woodlands, Houston

invoice allocation, l999890087, Discover

Thanks

Venkata Kiran

gvkiranreddy325
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi SachinB,

For your reference, I have attached few screenshots.

Please go through them, and can u suggest me some solution.

How to load a file via qlik and populate the single file data into multiple tables in snowflake.

If you're comfortable, can you send me a whatsapp text to connect offline? to below number

Thanks

Venkata

+1 (936)-777-9402

Failed_CSV_Task.PNGFile_Task_Advanced_Settings.PNGFile_Task_General_Settings.PNGFile_Task_Table_Settings.PNGTable_Selection.PNGTable_Settings.PNGTask_Creation.PNGTest_Connection.PNG

SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @gvkiranreddy325 ,

From the error which you have highlighted, it appears you don't have a licence to use file type as source. You need to be in touch with your account manager to get new licence for this endpoint. If you're required further information, I would suggest create support case, we will provide required information.

Regards,

Sachin B