Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NakulanR
Partner - Contributor III

Identifying when Down stream tasks have finished processing changes from the staging folder

Hi Qlik Support,

In a Log Stream setup, when a Down stream task receives the warning "Changes are not being captured", does that warning indicate that the down stream task has processed all the staged changes from the staging folder or does it simply mean that the staging task has been stopped?

We are trying to determine a method to identify when a down stream task has processed all the changes in the Log stream staging folder after the staging task has been stopped.

Thanks,

Nak

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @NakulanR ,

I can receive notification:

Notification: [TestSRV\NoChanges] LocalOracle-LS-LocalSQL no changes were captured in the last 1 minutes.

Notification: [TestSRV\NoChanges] LocalOracle-LS-LocalSQL has resumed processing changes.

Would you restart the task and try again?

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @NakulanR ,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Qlik forum.

I've conducted a test in my environment. Down stream task does not report the warning "Changes are not being captured" when it has processed all changes. It reports this warning message when I stopped the up stream task.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
NakulanR
Author

Thanks @DesmondWOO for confirming that.

Would there be any Replicate notification that can be set up to determine when a Down stream task has processed all the changes in the staging folder? I have tried using the "No changes were captured in the last [N] minutes" however the warning doesn't trigger when no changes are flowing from the staging folder to the target.

Regards,

Nak

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @NakulanR ,

I can receive notification:

Notification: [TestSRV\NoChanges] LocalOracle-LS-LocalSQL no changes were captured in the last 1 minutes.

Notification: [TestSRV\NoChanges] LocalOracle-LS-LocalSQL has resumed processing changes.

Would you restart the task and try again?

Regards,
Desmond

NakulanR
Author

Hi @DesmondWOO ,

Just tried it with a new task setup and the notification is working. There may have been an issue with the task metadata in the original task I was testing. Appreciate your help with this.

Regards,

Nak