cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Al_gar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Integration with Control-M

I am looking for information about integration between Qlik Replicate (also Qlik Compose) and Control-M. Or to see if there is any other way to create a status file to be able to monitor and trigger any failed task.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KellyHobson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey @Al_gar ,

We do not have documentation specific to Control-M integration, but customers can create their own programs using Qlik Enterprise Manager APIs to create, trigger and monitor tasks externally and then integrate that program with Control-M.

API documentation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/enterprise-manager/November2021/Content/EnterpriseManager/EnterpriseMana...

Please note that the implementation and maintenance of external program is not in the scope of Qlik Support.

Best,

Kelly

View solution in original post

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

for the QEM API :

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/enterprise-manager/May2022/Content/EnterpriseManager/EnterpriseManager_A...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
KellyHobson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey @Al_gar ,

We do not have documentation specific to Control-M integration, but customers can create their own programs using Qlik Enterprise Manager APIs to create, trigger and monitor tasks externally and then integrate that program with Control-M.

API documentation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/enterprise-manager/November2021/Content/EnterpriseManager/EnterpriseMana...

Please note that the implementation and maintenance of external program is not in the scope of Qlik Support.

Best,

Kelly

Al_gar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Kelly. We're going to use Python SDK, but there's no information on the documentation as to what specific  aem_client library to install on the client machine. Is there any Qlik EM specific AEM Python package?

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

for the QEM API :

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/enterprise-manager/May2022/Content/EnterpriseManager/EnterpriseManager_A...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Al_gar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Steve,

My question was geared more to what specific Python package is needed in order to import the right aem_client module. I have already installed some packages, but when I try to test some of the included python examples I get the following error message:

"ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'aem_client'"

We read the documentation, but we couldn't find any specifics about what Python package to install to get the necessary libraries for the aem_client.

KellyHobson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey @Al_gar ,

You will need to define the path to the python scripts from the QEM install in your path variable. i.e for windows C:\Program Files\Attunity\Enterprise Manager\clients\python

Example:

C:\Users\kelbla>path
PATH=D:\Python\Scripts\;D:\Python\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Attunity\Enterprise Manager\clients\python

Additionally, you will need to run the command window as administrator. Then try:

>>python

Python version info XXX
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> from aem_client import *

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

Kelly

Al_gar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Kelly. After having Python installed on the QEM server and adding the path variables, can I then used an external host to make the API calls to the QEM server? Is the aem_client included with the QEM installation?

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@Al_gar 

please see the API guide :

see : To be able to use the Qlik Enterprise Manager Python API:

Is the aem_client included with the QEM installation? ans ,, yes, is under the :

a code sample and a readme file that describes the code are located in the <Enterprise Manager_Installation_Folder>/clients/python folder.

gdoyle
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey @Al_gar , 

Have you had any luck with your implementation. We are needing to build a script to read from a database to see when a rebuild is complete and then trigger a task. Should be pretty straight forward but the Qlik documentation could be much more improved. Care to share anything you've learned? Also, is all the documentation meant to be done on the enterprise manager server?

lyka
Support
Support

Hello,

Yes it should be on the server.

Thanks

Lyka