Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dineshkumarl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

MSSQL-CDC source endpoint permission issue

Hi All,

Our DB is enabled for  CDC and we have granted view DB state and SELECT permissions for the DB. 

However, we are receiving select permission denied on cdc_jobs for our db. We have granted this manually as well, but still the error persists. 

Kindly let me know how I can resolve this. 

Note: I have tried granting dbowner role for testing. The error is fixed post that. But we cannot grant dbowner role to our user. 

I have attached error message for reference. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Could you please capture the logs i.e reproduce the issue in VERBOSE [set only SOURECE_CAPTURE=VERBOSE]

and also add Internal parameter  skipMscdcJobFitnessCheck to analyze further. Thanks

Regards,

Suresh

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Could you please capture the logs i.e reproduce the issue in VERBOSE [set only SOURECE_CAPTURE=VERBOSE]

and also add Internal parameter  skipMscdcJobFitnessCheck to analyze further. Thanks

Regards,

Suresh

dineshkumarl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi, I was able to bypass the error received after adding the parameter suggested. However, now its trying to create a DDL history table in the database. We have already granted select permission to ddl_history table in our database but the error persists. Are we missing something here? 

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Please create a support ticket, will work on your issue.

Regards,
Suresh

dineshkumarl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I have fixed the issue by disabling DDL checkbox in Advanced settings after referring Limitations documents. 

Thanks for the assistance. 

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello,

That's good to know that the issue has been resolved after unchecking the Capture DDL events.

Regards,
Suresh