Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nahowe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Multiple parameter filtering

Hi,

I have made and tested the validity of a filter that replicates everything EXCEPT the two parameters in the filter (Deletion by a static user). When running in a dev environment, however, there's no immediate replication when deleting something with my test user. It seems this filter works if it only consists of one condition vs two. I've tried both:

$AR_H_USER != 'DigOneSvc' AND $AR_H_OPERATION != 'DELETE'

and

$AR_H_USER != 'DigOneSvc' OR $AR_H_OPERATION != 'DELETE'

Thoughts?

Labels (2)
6 Replies
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @nahowe ,

Thanks for contacting Qlik community forum.

Yes, you are right filter cannot be applied for two conditions in same function.

It is considering the very first condition.

you can try with if else condition like below

CASE
WHEN $AR_H_USER != 'DigOneSvc' AND $AR_H_OPERATION != 'DELETE' THEN 'Name'
ELSE $Column_Name
END

Regards,
Sachin B

nahowe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you! Is this also the case and possible solution for transformations or can those take two conditions at once?

deepaksahirwar
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @nahowe ,

Try to use Else condition instead

For Eg,

CASE
WHEN $AR_H_USER != 'DigOneSvc' AND $AR_H_OPERATION != 'DELETE' THEN 'Name'
ELSE $Column_Name
END

Thanks,

Deepak

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @nahowe ,

Could you try following expression?

NOT($AR_H_USER == 'DigOneSvc' AND $AR_H_OPERATION == 'DELETE') 

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
nahowe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I couldn't get this to run in the filters, but it is running via transform. So in that case I am creating a new column that meets this condition and then filtering (excluding) anything that does not have the correct data in that column. Is this the correct usage of Qlik? We are struggling to get this to work. It seems Qlik just interacts with columns in lieu of rows, but we can't seem to get anything to work that includes two parameters for filtering.

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @nahowe ,

I'm not sure I fully understand the problem. Could you please provide an example of what you're trying to achieve?"

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!