Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jon_Donker
Creator
Creator

QR: Clean cutover to log streaming

Hi Members,

We want to cut over some of our DB2/zOS tasks to a log stream but looking at how to do it cleanly to prevent duplications; or worse lose data.

The source system cannot stop as it is a critical 24x7 system; there are quiet time that we can reduce the risk.

I can't cut over the task using the Advance Run Options "Source change position (e.g. SCN or LSN):" because the log stream stream is different to DB2/zOS 

Stream position (directly) 000000001666A1E84EC60001

Stream position (via logstream) 403;638557379272995660;20240531082214225666

I'm worried starting by time due we only getting down to second precision and what happens with changes during that second.

Is there a clean way to cut over to a log stream without an outage to the source using SCN or LSN so we don't miss or duplicate any changes?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Jon_Donker ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Qlik Community.

According to the user guide, the Source change position (e.g. SCN or LSN) Advanced Run option is only supported with the Oracle source endpoint. I would suggest:

1. During a quiet time, ensure all changes are consumed by your existing task. Then stop the existing task.
  2. Start your logstream tasks within the quiet time period.

Please test before implementing it in your production environment. You may also contact our Professional Services team for further advice.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!