Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SreehariPV
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik HA Installation

I already have Qlik Replicate (May 2022 (2022.5.0.499)) installed on a primary node, I want to add Qlik Replicate HA on another  node.

Whate are the pre-requisites for this, and important things to be considered before doing the same.

9 Replies
kng
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Good day

Thanks for reaching Qlik community!!

Please refer the below user guide which helps to set up Qlik Replicate in a Windows Server Cluster environment.

Setting up Qlik Replicate in a Windows Server cluster (HA) #Setting up Qlik Replicate in a Windows S...

Regards,

shivananda

SreehariPV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Is separate license required for HA installation?
because I'm getting the below warning in HA ServerScreenshot (1).png

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @SreehariPV The error is not due to the license but the user account you logged in as. Are you opening it from the server as the user that installed Replicate?

SreehariPV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm having an instance/ primary server where i have my qlik running and I want an HA in secondary server, I have a shared folder where I'm setting all configs like masterkey. my question is do the versions have to match or can I have a newer version in secondary?

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @SreehariPV 

The versions need to match. The structure of the data folder and files can be different between versions.

SreehariPV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

1) is there any minimum number of instances required while setting up HA, can I have only 1 primary node and 1 secondary node( were HA is setup). Or is there anything were min.requirement is 3?

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @SreehariPV 

I have only seen configurations with 2 fail over nodes. Seems like 3+ should work as well, provided they all share the same data directory, but only one node can be active at a time, there is no load-balancing between servers. You might want to check with our Professional Services team to explore all your disaster recover options. Please reach out to your Account Manager to contact them.

SreehariPV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Dana_Baldwin in 4th step 

where should I run the command in primary or secondary node?

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @SreehariPV 

You will run that command on each machine in the cluster as the user interface service that hosts the web UI is local to each server. Run the command on one server, fail over to the other node and then run the command there.

Thanks,

Dana