Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Replicate 11-2023 install on RHEL 8 did not read data=/tech/appl/default/app/replicate command parameter

I just tried to run an install of this package areplicate-2023.11.0-547.x86_64.rpm using this command line:

user=xxxxx group=xxxxx nocredentials=true data=/tech/appl/default/app/replicate iport=3550 rpm -i areplicate-2023.11.0-547.x86_64.rpm 

It told me that it could not install the systemctl lines but that I new about.

It also told be it could not run the clean up scriplet.   

When I checked for the data directory under /tech/appl/default/app/replicate there was absolutely nothing.  When I looked under the standard location /opt/attunity/replicate the data directory was there with sub-directories that looked like what I was expecting under /tech/appl/default/app/replicate.  

I did run the install under the root account so security should not have been an issue.  Any ideas why the new data directory path parameter was not honored?

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Greg_Pagan ,

To troubleshoot your issue, I performed a fresh installation of Red Hat. Then  I only created a new user and a new group, attunity. I did not create /tech/appl/default/app/replicate directory.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I finally figured it our.  I ran the install with the debug=true parameter and it pointed me to my mistake.  I had not remembered to remove the /etc/systemd/system/areplicate.service file and the /etc/init.d/areplicate file from the system.  Once I did that, the script ran correctly just like when you all did it. 

Thanks for sticking with me and helping me get to a correct install.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

i ran a new install and look like is working with setting the data folder :

[root@RHEL803_SGU qlikkit]# user=bob group=bob nocredentials=true verbose=true data=/tech/app/replicate rpm -ivh areplicate-2023.11.0-547.x86_64.rpm
warning: areplicate-2023.11.0-547.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 05d7eace: NOKEY
Verifying... ################################# [100%]
Preparing... ################################# [100%]
pre install ...
new installation ...
nocredentials set to true - skipping check for user/group
user=bob
group=bob
Updating / installing...
1:areplicate-2023.11.0-547 ################################# [100%]
post install ...
creating /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/site_arep_login.sh
changing ownership of /opt/attunity/replicate to bob:bob
chown: invalid user: ‘bob:bob’
installing areplicate as a service ...
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: pre install ...
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: running as root
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: validating port(s) ...
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: installation directory is /opt/attunity/replicate/bin
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: sourcing /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep_login.sh
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: the Attunity Replicate root directory is to /opt/attunity/replicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: sourcing /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/site_arep_login.sh
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: created /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/areplicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: created /etc/systemd/system/areplicate.service
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: systemctl daemon-reload succeeded for service areplicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: systemctl enable areplicate succeeded
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: created empty instance specific settings file /tech/app/replicate/areplicate_arep_login.sh
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: setting server UI password to 3dd1fc1f86f96Aa1 ...
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: set server UI password to 3dd1fc1f86f96Aa1 succeeded
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: installed /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/areplicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: root directory = /opt/attunity/replicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: internal port = 3550
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: rest port = 3552
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: data directory = /tech/app/replicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: installed by = root
chown: invalid user: ‘bob:bob’
starting service(s) ...
starting service areplicate ...
[root@RHEL803_SGU qlikkit]#

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Steve for doing that.  I did not get the post install lines like you did.  I got a message that the post install scriplet could not be run.   I also did not use the the verbose=true or the -ivh parameters.  If you can think of a reason my post install scriplet did not run I would think my next course of action would be to run a rpm -e replicate to remove the bad install and try it again.  

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

since is a new install ,, try to rpm -e areplicate remove and delete all folder and try again.

what is this "/tech/appl/default/app/replicate" is this a mount point on local server or something special ?

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

On this server we have 2 mounts.  /opt is on the smaller 90 GB mount along with all the system files.  The /tech/appl/default path is the second 250 GB mount.  I want to keep the data directory on the larger mount to make sure if log files or temporary files get big for a task, I do not fill up the system volume.

I do agree that a uninstall reinstall is the best option.  Are there any setting that can help me retain the error messages that get created.  Should I be adding a >  errors.txt  pipe at the end of the command line?

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

just use the verbose=true -ivh 

trimlesmike
Contributor II
Contributor II

nice
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Well that did not go as planned.  Here are the steps I followed.

1. I did a rpm -e areplicate  to uninstall the package

2. I did a rpm -q areplicate which said it was not installed

3. I removed the directory /opt/attunity using rm -Rf /opt/attunity command

4. I verified the directory was removed.  I also verified that the /tech/appl/default/app/replicate directory exists and is empty.

5. I ran the install using the command you recommended.  

6.  The rpm command returned an error about the post scriptlet not running and the return code was 9.  I check the directories and neither the /opt/attunity/replicate path or the /tech/appl/default/app/replicate path has a data directory in it.  

Screen captures of the output are in the text file attached. They show the exact output of the rpm command.

Hopefully you know what this means!

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Greg_Pagan ,

I cannot reproduce your problem.

--- Red Hat version ---
[root@template tmp]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.9 (Ootpa)

--- Create user and Group ---
[root@template tmp]# groupadd attunity
[root@template tmp]# useradd -g attunity attunity

--- Qlik Replicate installation ---
[root@template tmp]# rpm -q areplicate
package areplicate is not installed
[root@template tmp]# user=attunity group=attunity verbose=true nocredentials=true data=/tech/appl/default/app/replicate iport=3550 rpm -ivh areplicate-2023.11.0-547.x86_64.rpm
warning: areplicate-2023.11.0-547.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 05d7eace: NOKEY
Verifying... ################################# [100%]
Preparing... ################################# [100%]
pre install ...
new installation ...
validating port(s) ...
nocredentials set to true - skipping check for user/group
user=attunity
group=attunity
Updating / installing...
1:areplicate-2023.11.0-547 ################################# [100%]
post install ...
creating /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/site_arep_login.sh
changing ownership of /opt/attunity/replicate to attunity:attunity
installing areplicate as a service ...
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: pre install ...
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: running as root
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: validating port(s) ...
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: installation directory is /opt/attunity/replicate/bin
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: sourcing /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep_login.sh
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: the Attunity Replicate root directory is to /opt/attunity/replicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: sourcing /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/site_arep_login.sh
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: created /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/areplicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: created /etc/systemd/system/areplicate.service
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: systemctl daemon-reload succeeded for service areplicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: systemctl enable areplicate succeeded
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: created empty instance specific settings file /tech/appl/default/app/replicate/areplicate_arep_login.sh
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: setting server UI password to a4d89cb006efcAa1 ...
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: set server UI password to a4d89cb006efcAa1 succeeded
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: installed /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/areplicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: root directory = /opt/attunity/replicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: internal port = 3550
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: rest port = 3552
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: data directory = /tech/appl/default/app/replicate
/opt/attunity/replicate/bin/arep.sh: installed by = root
starting service(s) ...
starting service areplicate ...
[root@template tmp]#

--- Replicate data directory ---
[root@template tmp]# cd /tech/appl/default/app/replicate
[root@template replicate]# pwd
/tech/appl/default/app/replicate
[root@template replicate]# ls
areplicate_arep_login.sh databases imports log.key logs minidumps mk.dat ssl tasks tmp
[root@template replicate]# cd ..
[root@template app]# ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x. 9 attunity attunity 163 Aug 27 11:05 replicate
[root@template app]#

Which Red Hat version are you using? You may also check the rpm installation script to identify the problem.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Desmond,  

We are running Linux version 4.18.0-553.16.1.el8_10.x86_64.  

How would I go about seeing the RPM installation script?