Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jborthen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Replicate PostgreSQL Connection Issue

Hi, I have a PostgreSQL 12 database running in an AWS EC2 Rocky 8 Instance and I have Qlik Replicate running in Windows Server.  I am trying to connect the PostgreSQL database with Qlik Replicate but I keep getting the same error.

SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'PostgreSQL Source', type 'PostgreSQL Source'..
SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'PostgreSQL Source', type 'PostgreSQL Source'.,Error Initializing endpoint. Failed to load Postgres driver Cannot load <libpq.dll, >: The operation completed successfully. Cannot load <libpq.dll>: The specified module could not be found.

I have installed the PSQL ODBC driver on both the Rocky Instance and in Windows Server.  I've checked the system paths, I've checked the inbound and outbound port rules for both machines, I've double checked IP addresses, user names, and passwords, and nothing works.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Your initial image shows November 2023 as the Replicate version. The Prerequisite for this version is 13. The driver should be installed on the same server where Replicate is installed. If you have a Linux server for Replicate's installation, please follow these prerequisites in this user guide documentation to make sure you are sourcing the right file paths.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2023/Content/Replicate/Main/PostgreSQL/prereq_postgres...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Hello,

Can you check if you have added the psql.exe path (Example: "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\13xx\bin") to the system PATH on your Windows server?

jborthen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

[Graphical user interface, text Description automatically generated]
Alan_Wang
Support
Support

I'm not able to see the new image you may have attached. With Replicate 2023.11 Postgres ODBC driver 13 should be used. If the driver was installed recently, please restart the Replicate service for the driver changes to take effect.

jborthen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, Alan. Thanks for the response. I am using psql 12 and psqlodbc 12 per the Qlik documentation. The image I sent in my previous email was a screenshot of the ODBC in the system path. I've restarted Replicate multiple times and have also rebooted the Linux server multiple times. Still not working.
v/r,
Jay

Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Your initial image shows November 2023 as the Replicate version. The Prerequisite for this version is 13. The driver should be installed on the same server where Replicate is installed. If you have a Linux server for Replicate's installation, please follow these prerequisites in this user guide documentation to make sure you are sourcing the right file paths.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2023/Content/Replicate/Main/PostgreSQL/prereq_postgres...

jborthen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks, Alan.