cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AhmedShehata
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Replicate and Teradata 16.20

Hi, in my company we are interested in using Qlik Replicate to replicate data from Teradata (v 16.20).

when I was looking into that I saw that, Qlik Replicate does not support Teradata v16.20 as a source, however it does support it as a target !!!, does that make sense, or is it just documentation slip? if it is correct then my second question would be, when will Qlik Replicate start supporting Teradata v16.20?

Thanks.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

What you see in documentation is correct.

TD target utilizes native loader APIs for loading data to TD targets.

Since TD is not a regular transnational DB, it does not support traditional CDC, but uses generic ODBC connection to bulk read data from the TD source. We don't need to certify specific versions in order to read data via ODBC.

View solution in original post

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Your understanding is correct.

Regarding the certification plans, we don't feel anymore that official certification is required

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

What you see in documentation is correct.

TD target utilizes native loader APIs for loading data to TD targets.

Since TD is not a regular transnational DB, it does not support traditional CDC, but uses generic ODBC connection to bulk read data from the TD source. We don't need to certify specific versions in order to read data via ODBC.

AhmedShehata
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Ola, really appreciate the quick response.

let me repeat my understating then, Qlik Replicate is not certified with Teradata v6.20 as a source, however I can use the ODBC and that should work.

Also, do you have any estimates for the date when Qlik Replicate will support Teradata v6.20 as a source.

Thanks

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Your understanding is correct.

Regarding the certification plans, we don't feel anymore that official certification is required