Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deeptimathew
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reading/Writing from Log Stream end point

Morning, am trying to set up a below test case. Did anyone come across a use case I described below?

QLIK Replicate Server 1

1. Read from Oracle databases 

2. Write to Log Stream Target End Point

QLIK Replicate Server 2 (Remote on a different network)

1. Read from QLIK Replicate Server 1 Log Streams

2. Write changes from Log Streams to Target Oracle end point

Thank You

Deepti Mathew

17 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @deeptimathew 

This may require a closer look. Could you please open a support case with the diagnostics packages for both tasks?

Thanks,

Dana

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@deeptimathew 

if i read this correctly.

server 1:

Oracle -> Filechannel target on Server 2

server 2

Filechannel source (filechannel target from server1) to oracle

but you setup as logstream task,

====

notes logstream can not use file channel limitation :

• File Channel cannot be used as a source for a Log Stream Staging task.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2022/Content/Replicate/Main/Log%20Stream%20Staging/ls3...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
deeptimathew
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Dana - I brought this up with qlik professional services contact am working with.

This is not possible with the application. File Channel is the way to go when reading CDC changes from Replicate Server 1 and writing to another Replicate Server 2 before processing the changes in a target Oracle end point from Replicate Server 2.

Thank You

Deepti

deeptimathew
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Steve - Correct, your answer is accurate.

Thank You

Deepti

deeptimathew
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Follow up question on File Channel, is it possible to read from File Channel source end point and write to a File Channel target end point? Is it a valid use case with Qlik Replicate?

Thank You

Deepti 

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @deeptimathew 

I am not sure I understand the use case. The local File channel task reads from a database source and writes to the file channel. The remote file channel task reads the file channel files as a source and writes to a database. I suppose it could write to another file channel, but I am not sure that is feasible since you would only be involving a third Replicate server for no obvious reason... Please elaborate.

Thanks,

Dana

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@deeptimathew :

Follow up question on File Channel, is it possible to read from File Channel source end point and write to a File Channel target end point? Is it a valid use case with Qlik Replicate?

ans : no

that is where File Channel read once from DB source  and write to many FC .

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
deeptimathew
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Dana - The use case I was trying to solve is sending File Channel files to an external company. As we cant directly communicate to the external company directly I was trying to find a way to get them the CDC files generated by File Channel target end point. Our team worked with Qlik and we narrowed down 2 approaches

1. Oracle Source - File Channel target using FTS

2. Oracle Source - File Channel target , use SFTP to copy files generated by File Channel to a different location, external company pulls from the location files are dropped to consume using Qlik Replicate on their end

The second approach is due to security limitations between both companies

Thank you for your suggestions, it helped me understand how the tool works.

Deepti