cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewbieQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Replicate Task Using Log Stream

I am trying to create a replicate task which uses oracle as the source and log stream as my target and I am getting this error.

Stream component 'st_0_ELH_LogStream' terminated
Cannot initialize subtask
Failed while preparing stream component 'st_0_ELH_LogStream'.
Permission denied (apr status = 13, location = at_dir.c(768))

From the error it looks to me that it has something to do with the log stream Storage path permission. This is what I have given in my target endpoint as the Storage path /opt/attunity/replicate/data.

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
narendersarva
Support
Support

Hi,

Please check if the user that Replicate runs as have access to  /opt/attunity/replicate/data

Also, please try to reload the task or run the task by timestamp from Advance setting.

Thanks

Naren

View solution in original post

2 Replies
narendersarva
Support
Support

Hi,

Please check if the user that Replicate runs as have access to  /opt/attunity/replicate/data

Also, please try to reload the task or run the task by timestamp from Advance setting.

Thanks

Naren

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @NewbieQlik 

Is there an entry in your task log like:

00723291: 2022-XX-XXT14:59:34 [SOURCE_CAPTURE ]I: Create permission check failed for Oracle directory objects (oracle_endpoint_conn.c:513)

If so, and you want Replicate to create and manage the Oracle directories, you need to grant the CREATE ANY DIRECTORY privilege.

Here are the required permissions for Oracle source:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2022/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedReplicateHDD/Oracl...

Thanks,

Dana