Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fj40wdh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Replicate standby server Linux

Trying to set up a primary replicate server and a standby replicate server . Install Replicate with user=username pass=password verbose=true rpm -i areplicate-2023.5.0-322.x86_64.rpm    on both servers. Then ./repctl -d /data/areplicate service start   to set data folder to shared folder. 
But... not all of the folders move to the shared folder. The tasks folder stays on the local folder. So the tasks are not shared, also the endpoints are not shared.

What steps am I missing.

Labels (3)
5 Replies
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Seems you are looking related to Solution. PS team can help you to Setup. However once task is started, they hold some required files into folder which are solely used by them .

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

fj40wdh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

well that's no help, what is PS

fj40wdh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I run the command ./repctl -d /data/areplicate  service start

it runs and start the service 

[nuc_qlik_svc@nuclqlikrplp01s bin]$ ps -ef | grep repctl
nuc_qli+ 10318 1 0 07:07 pts/0 00:00:00 ./repctl -d /data/areplicate service start
nuc_qli+ 10319 10318 1 07:07 ? 00:00:00 ./repctl -d /data/areplicate service start

But when I run /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/areplicate status

I get

not running: /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/repctl -d /opt/attunity/replicate/data service start port=3550 rest_port=3552

Different data directory.  

And /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/areplicate stop

At this point, I assume that to start the service  on the standby server I have to run 

./repctl -d /data/areplicate service start

and to stop the service on the standby server I have to run 

./repctl -d /data/areplicate service stop

Please confirm this is correct !!!!

fj40wdh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think the fog has lifted from my brain.

The ./repctl -d /data/areplicate service start  command is not for changing the data directory. It is to start the service pointing to a data directory.

I was thinking the command changed the data directory in a startup command.  

is this correct?

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@fj40wdh 

"The ./repctl -d /data/areplicate service start  command is not for changing the data directory. It is to start the service pointing to a data directory.

I was thinking the command changed the data directory in a startup command.  "

correct ,, start the service pointing to the data folder 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!