cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonFusionHSLLC
Creator II
Creator II

Replication with Veeam Backups for SQLServer

I'm seeing warnings and failures during our Veeam backup operations (sqlserver).  I'm guessing Replicate has issues when Veeam truncates the log files as part of its backup strategy.   What is the best way to configure replication when using a third party backup solution such as Veeam?

During the backups we get these a a few other errors/warnins...

mssql_approve_table_full_logging_setup(...) failed in checking PK presence for table identified by ID '1954106002'

LSN '001f611b:00003584:0003' could not be retrieved as it is located in the backup logs, while the endpoint is configured to access the online logs only

Task 'Production PHI Replication' encountered a recoverable error

Labels (2)
13 Replies
KevinChiu
Contributor
Contributor

So we are in the same situation, and we don't find that Veeam and Qlik can live in harmony.  

For us, it seems that everytime Veeam does a backup and marks that SQL server msdb.dbo.backupset to say it did a backup, it loses it's LSN and if your task was stopped, we have troubles resuming it cause it can't find the LSN point cause VEEAM had the last entry and changed the LSN.

For the original poster, are you able to get VEEAM and QLIK working well together?

KevinChiu
Contributor
Contributor

Also of note, we stopped the Veeam Transaction log backup, it's set to Copy_Only

KevinChiu
Contributor
Contributor

I guess my simple question can QLIK task stop have a VEEAM backup happen which changes the LSN record and then have QLIK resume the task?

From what we have seen, this can't happen.  Which is kind of a problem cause we use VEEAM for DR and it does a 4 hour log copy, which means if we had QLIK task down for any amount of time within that 4 hour window, the QLIK task won't start.

Michael_Litz
Support
Support

Hi Ron,

You could try the relatively new end point called Microsoft Azure SQL (MS-CDC), it will work with regular MS SQL.

This end point does not need access to the TLOG backups in any way so it would not matter what third party tool you use for that.

It will rely on using the MS-CDC that you configure inside of SQL.

Thanks,
Michael