cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Praveen_Devaram
Contributor
Contributor

SQL Server AG Listener With Multiple ip's

I have an AG with 3 nodes and 3 different subnets which means the listener has 3 ip's. Per Qlik instructions, you have to specify an ip when connecting to the listener. Since we have 3 ip's, how do we handle a failover to one of the other nodes if we are only specifying one ip in the endpoint connection?

I followed instructions detailed here

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2023/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedReplicateHDD/...

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PGN
Creator II
Creator II

You use the AOG listener name as your Endpoint Connection server name.  

You may have to use an Internal Parameter (additionalConnectionProperties) value:   MultiSubnetFailover=Yes; 

to let it know that it needs to recognize an active subnet

Regarding failovers, if you're using the best practice of having a distributor database on a separate database server (I'd recommend that NOT be AOG), you should be able to configure it so that when the failover happens, nothing happens to the tasks.  Microsoft has info on that here:

Setting up Replication on a database that is part of an AlwaysOn Availability Group | Microsoft Lear...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PGN
Creator II
Creator II

You use the AOG listener name as your Endpoint Connection server name.  

You may have to use an Internal Parameter (additionalConnectionProperties) value:   MultiSubnetFailover=Yes; 

to let it know that it needs to recognize an active subnet

Regarding failovers, if you're using the best practice of having a distributor database on a separate database server (I'd recommend that NOT be AOG), you should be able to configure it so that when the failover happens, nothing happens to the tasks.  Microsoft has info on that here:

Setting up Replication on a database that is part of an AlwaysOn Availability Group | Microsoft Lear...

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @Praveen_Devaram 

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik via Qlik Community Support page. When using SQL Server AG Listener With Multiple Ip's

make sure your MSDB is aware of replica and its status sometimes such issue occurs. 

you can provide Ip or server name in connection string in the endpoints settings as well.

value:   MultiSubnetFailover=Yes; 

Above parameter comes into picture when replica hosted in different subnet/dns domain.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar 

Regards,

Sushil Kumar