cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III

Task failed to resume with access is denied error

We are encountering this error for the third or fourth time. We have log streaming setup. So I have stop the child task and then we we try to reload the child task, we got the following error.

There's no file opened at the QDI server.

Stream component 'st_0_Oracle ALL with Log Stream' terminated
Stream component failed at subtask 0, component st_0_Oracle ALL with Log Stream
Error executing command
Audit file open for read failed
failed to open file <D:\Attunity\Staging\ODS_ALL\LOG_STREAM\audit_service\20230527043942576911\181>
Access is denied. (apr status = 720005)

I login into QDI server and noted the file is there. However when checking on the permission I noticed that i do not have the read permission. However I do have permission with other files inside the folder. There's something that has changed the permission to cause this error. 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
OritA
Support
Support

Hi, 

In general, the use that is used to access the files is the Replicate user. Which use did you use to start the Replicate server? Was anything changed in the environment. We suggest that you check the windows event viewere to see if it contains any errors around the time of the manifestation of the permission issue (sometime due to hard disk full or other hardware issue the file may get corrupted). If no clue is found,  I suggeste that you open a case and provide the log with the error and the task diagnsotic package so we can troubleshoot the cause of the problem. 

Thanks & regards,

Orit

shashi_holla
Support
Support

@desmondchew 

Could you please let me know the target endpoint? Is it Google Big Query? 

We have seen an instance where the python sessions created by GBQ endpoint tries to lock the Logstream audit files for processing and doesn't release it causing this issue.

desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

We are writing from Oracle into Snowflake as target endpoints. I see there were several kernel crashed in QDI replicate server. I believe this could be the cause of locking the file resulting permission denied error.

Desmond

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @desmondchew 

If you are seeing Replicate task stop abnormally you should open a support case so we can help troubleshoot and resolve that.

Thanks,

Dana