Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoeyE
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Understanding what Timeline is in Qlik Replicate logs

Hi,

I am curious, what is 'Timeline' referring to in these logs? It says April 7th for the date.

MoeyE_0-1721193500729.png

Furthermore, when the task is stopped I notice that there is a date attached to the stream position. Does that mean that the task is reading from April 7th 2024? Also, what do the first two numbers represent? (Separated by semicolon)

MoeyE_0-1721194257271.png

Regards,

Mohammed

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @MoeyE ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik community link.

Timeline is the one which is created when you resume the task at very first time, or you might have resumed the task using the advance timestamp for log stream parent task, It just create a new folder with this new timeline and writes CDC data after this time.

Stream position: 305, It represents which file its reading inside timeline folder along with position.

Regards,

Sachin B

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @MoeyE ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik community link.

Timeline is the one which is created when you resume the task at very first time, or you might have resumed the task using the advance timestamp for log stream parent task, It just create a new folder with this new timeline and writes CDC data after this time.

Stream position: 305, It represents which file its reading inside timeline folder along with position.

Regards,

Sachin B

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @MoeyE ,

'Timeline' label appears when you are running a LogStream task. As SachinB mentioned, you can find the corresponding folder under your LogStream directory. 

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
MoeyE
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Sachin B,

Thanks for the reply. So from my understanding that date in the timeline is either the day the downstream task was first resumed or when logstream task was started using a timestamp?

Regards,

Mohammed

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @MoeyE 

As previous TSE mentioned 'Timeline' label appears when you are running a LogStream task.

1. if you resume the task then it will read the Saved state and use earlier created timeline. 

2. If you reload and run the task from the Timestamp, then i will create the new timeline folder and use in future.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar