Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwj
Contributor II
Contributor II

Use last seen LSN instead of last used LSN

Hello,

We are trying to set up Qlik Replicate with a db2 for luw database as source. The database uses commvault as its primary archive method. However we are seeing that Qlik will loop through logs from the last used LSN to the latest LSN.

Is there anyway to specify in Qlik Replicate that it should look for changes from the latest/last seen LSN instead of looking for changes all the way back to the last used LSN (last time there was a update in the selected tables)?

We use Qlik Enterprise Manager to configure Qlik Replicate.

/mwj

Labels (2)
11 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @mwj 

I am not sure why you are seeing this behavior. Since you are not able to open a support case, please engage with your account representative who will involve our pre-sales technical team to assist you.

Thanks,

Dana

vinayak_m
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @mwj ,

I will point out this might not be a problem for many, but when using commvault it takes a lot of process power to read through multiple LSN.

Good Question, this is exactly the problem which I am facing in my current environment right now.

Is there anyway to configure DB2 logs/ Qlik Replicate Parameters to ensure Commvault is not read, because the logs when retrieved from Commvault interferes with other activities and is a heavy processing activity.
When the DB2 source online logs are not present, logs are being retrieved from Commvault(problem for us) we do not want the logs to be retrieved from Commvault, we have tried setting up LOGARCHMETH2 and have pointed overflow logs to LOGARCHMETH2 location, but this is not working and the logs are still being fetched from Commvault.

Source: IBM DB2 for LUW

@SushilKumar  @Dana_Baldwin 

Any inputs on this?
Would really appreciate any solution for this.

Thanks