Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allann
Contributor III
Contributor III

User does not have bigquery.jobs.create permission

New to Qlik. We're trying to create a task with Google BigQuery as the target endpoint. I believe all permissions are granted to the service account but this error is still shown. Only thing I can think of is permissions were edited after the key was made. Not sure if that matters.

Could something else cause this error?

p2 cl1 bigquery2.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @allann ,

Does the user have the following permissions?

BigQuery > BigQuery Data Editor

BigQuery > BigQuery Job User

When you create a service account key, a JSON file containing the connection information will be downloaded to your computer. You will need to copy the contents of this file to the Service account key field in the Google Cloud BigQuery endpoint.

Thanks,

Swathi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @allann ,

What is your Replicate version?

Thanks,

Swathi

allann
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

May 2021 (2021.5.0.1186)

SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @allann ,

Does the user have the following permissions?

BigQuery > BigQuery Data Editor

BigQuery > BigQuery Job User

When you create a service account key, a JSON file containing the connection information will be downloaded to your computer. You will need to copy the contents of this file to the Service account key field in the Google Cloud BigQuery endpoint.

Thanks,

Swathi

allann
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I had someone else check and there was one permission missing, the editor. That fixed the issue but now we're running in to a logging format issue on the source side.

SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @allann ,

Good to hear the current permission issue is resolved.

If source-related is a different issue I would suggest you to create a new post with detailed info.

Thanks,

Swathi