Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCP
Contributor
Contributor

What are exact steps to upgrade from Replicate November 2020 (7.0.0.402) to latest available version?

We are currently on Replicate version 7.0.0.402 and want to upgrade to latest available Replicate version.

What are exact steps to upgrade from Replicate November 2020 (7.0.0.402) to latest available version?

We have never performed an upgrade, so this entire process will be new to us.

Need to know if we need to step through each version in between to progress through version upgrades, or can we go straight to latest version?

How do we download needed upgrades? (specific instructions)  

What commands and steps do we execute? (specific instructions)   I saw one step in online documentation that said "run setup wizard".   Help like that isn't very helpful.  If I'm not familiar with the setup wizard, I have no idea how to run it, or if I even have it available to me.

What configuration changes, if any, need to be applied?

Thanks in advance for assistance...

Labels (1)
10 Replies
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @FrancoHR ,

Upgrade instructions for Windows:

================================================================================================

Client ( REP SERVER) UPGRADE (Windows)

1.) Stop all tasks. if not already.

2.) Wait for the tasks to finish Stopping.

3.) Stop the 2 Replicate services. (server and UI)

4.) From the Replicate Command Line Console run the following AS ADMINISTRATOR!!!!  (for taking backup at data folder)

repctl exportrepository

(for alternate data directories use the syntax:

repctl -d YOUR DATA DiRECOTRY PATH exportrepository

It becomes the REPLICATION_DEFINITION.JSON keep this !

5.) Clean out any un-needed Logs In the Task Folders then Back-up or copy the \Replicate\data directory-folder to a directory-folder located outside of the Attunity product.

6.) After unzipping, RightMouseClick on .exe RUN AS ADMINSITRATOR for Replicate upgrade on Windows Server

7.) Resume the Gui tasks.

============================================================================================

If you need to Back Out:

1.) The back out requires the product to be uninstalled and then installed to the same directory using the previous kit.

2.) Once the install is done stop the Attunity Services and copy/overwrite the data directory with your backup.

3.) start the Attunity services

Thanks,

Swathi