Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adbdkb
Creator
Creator

Where can I find what value should be specified for CDC reader UDTF name when setting up DB2 as source Endpoint

When setting up a DB2 source endpoint what should be the value for CDC reader UDTF name

adbdkb_0-1651152168857.png

Is it something the DBA sets up for a database ? Just trying to figure out where can I find this information.  As I mentioned in my other post, I am just starting to work on Replicate.

Regards

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @adbdkb ,

• CDC reader UDTF name: The name of the Qlik-supplied User-Defined Table Function, which is to access CDC data. Specify the two-part name resulting from the values you have chosen for schema name, &R4ZSCNM and the function name, &R4ZIFITF.

Below is the user guide link for your reference:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2021/Content/Replicate/Main/IBM%20DB2%20for%20zOS/adva...

Thanks,

Swathi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @adbdkb ,

• CDC reader UDTF name: The name of the Qlik-supplied User-Defined Table Function, which is to access CDC data. Specify the two-part name resulting from the values you have chosen for schema name, &R4ZSCNM and the function name, &R4ZIFITF.

Below is the user guide link for your reference:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2021/Content/Replicate/Main/IBM%20DB2%20for%20zOS/adva...

Thanks,

Swathi

adbdkb
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks @SwathiPulagam .   What does this routine do?   Does it translate the EBCDIC to ASCII or ANSI character set when transmitting the data from DB2 to the target ? In my case, the target is JSON in Kafka topic?

Thanks

Barb_Fill21
Support
Support

Hi @adbdkb ,

The purpose of the UDTF is to help with overall performance.  It is highly recommended and actually filters the Journal receiver file for the transactions of the Tables in your task on the DB2iSeries Server. 

This makes replicating changes faster. 

To answer your question about conversion,  Replicate normally reads and converts sources to be UTF-8 and then determines the target encoding and converts from UTF-8 to the target encoding.  In most cases, you do not need to do anything. 

Hope this helps explain. 

Sincerely,

Barb