Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rendyajisoko
Contributor II
Contributor II

change FORCE_LOGGING state while attunity still active

Dear Expert, 

currently, in my DB FORCE_LOGGING parameter  is set to NO , 

and because some of recommendation from oracle data guard , for safely reason they recommend to set FORCE_LOGGIN parameter to YES , 

if I want to change it, does it impact to my attunity task? i have bad exprience when change something parameter on DB it makes attunity change processing go abnormal

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barb_Fill21
Support
Support

I suggest you first stop all tasks, then perform the change, then resume your tasks.

Do this in a test( non-prod) environment first to make sure there are no negative impacts. 

Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Barb_Fill21
Support
Support

I suggest you first stop all tasks, then perform the change, then resume your tasks.

Do this in a test( non-prod) environment first to make sure there are no negative impacts. 

Let us know how it goes.

shashi_holla
Support
Support

Hi @rendyajisoko If we enable FORCE_LOGGING at the DB level then there will be more data written to the redo logs which in turn can impact the performance. As @Barb_Fill21 suggested it's always better to test the changes in Non-Prod environment and validate the impact.

Thank you,

rendyajisoko
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks @Barb_Fill21 @shashi_holla  , i think will do as your suggestion, will try on development env first and will check db performance after enable it.  appreciate your feedback.