Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajyadav
Contributor II
Contributor II

unable to find fl_passthru_filter in UI

I have one extract json file and there I can see fl_passthru_filter condition but when I am checking the same condition on UI interface I am not able find it under filter condition. Where I can modify this condition. 

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
surajyadav
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Arun,

Thank you for you reply. But I am using QlikReplicate on my Mac and I didn't hold the CLTR key while clicking on table setting tab.

Regards,

Suraj

View solution in original post

Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

@surajyadav 

Thank you for your post to the QDI Forums. Here is information from the Web on the keyboard mapping for Mac and Windows for the Control Key to depress and hold down the command key (Mac) before you double click on the Table from Designer keeping the key depressed until you open the Table from the Select Table list in the Task. And then click on Filter as this process should show the Passthru Filter. 

Instead, the Macintosh equivalent of the Windows Ctrl key is the ⌘ key. It's right next to the space bar. It's pronounced “command,” although novices can often be heard calling it the “pretzel key,” “Apple key,” or “clover key.”

Bill_Steinagle_0-1700570283879.png

Regards,

Bill Steinagle

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @surajyadav 

Full load pass through filter modifies the select statement run at the source during full load so only the relevant records are returned. Regular filtering performs a select * on the table, returning all rows, then the filter is applied after the data arrives at the Replicate server.

As such, full load filter can perform better - but it only affects the full load phase of the task. The regular filter affects both full load and CDC phases of the task. You can use both at the same time to cover full load & CDC phases.

Thanks,

Dana

7 Replies
aarun_arasu
Support
Support

Hello @surajyadav 

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community Support

Please confirm if you held down the CLTR key when you clicked the table settings tab. That is needed to bring up the filter window when you click the filters.

Regards

Arun

surajyadav
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Arun,

Thank you for you reply. But I am using QlikReplicate on my Mac and I didn't hold the CLTR key while clicking on table setting tab.

Regards,

Suraj

aarun_arasu
Support
Support

Hello @surajyadav ,

I believe we should test that scenario. Is it running on Mac OS?

I'm uncertain about Replicate's official support for Mac OS. Let's also gather input from other experts. Cheers!

Regards

Arun

Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

@surajyadav 

Thank you for your post to the QDI Forums. Here is information from the Web on the keyboard mapping for Mac and Windows for the Control Key to depress and hold down the command key (Mac) before you double click on the Table from Designer keeping the key depressed until you open the Table from the Select Table list in the Task. And then click on Filter as this process should show the Passthru Filter. 

Instead, the Macintosh equivalent of the Windows Ctrl key is the ⌘ key. It's right next to the space bar. It's pronounced “command,” although novices can often be heard calling it the “pretzel key,” “Apple key,” or “clover key.”

Bill_Steinagle_0-1700570283879.png

Regards,

Bill Steinagle

surajyadav
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the reply. I am able to resolved it and find this solution very useful. Can you please give me more information on this feature and what is the exact difference between Fullload passthru filter and normal filter ?

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @surajyadav 

Full load pass through filter modifies the select statement run at the source during full load so only the relevant records are returned. Regular filtering performs a select * on the table, returning all rows, then the filter is applied after the data arrives at the Replicate server.

As such, full load filter can perform better - but it only affects the full load phase of the task. The regular filter affects both full load and CDC phases of the task. You can use both at the same time to cover full load & CDC phases.

Thanks,

Dana

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar