Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III

we have CDC latency and reloaded task and Immediatly stoped the task after resumed the task , here is there any data loss will happen?

Hi Team,

We had cdc latency about 6 hours and at the time we reloaded the task and immediately stope the task.

suppose If I resume task after 7hours with cdc latency or suppose with out cdc latency, here my doubt is will it be cause any data loss?  or how data pick from cdc tables?  Please clarify my doubt!

Thanks

Ramu

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @ramu123 

Generally speaking, no - but it would be helpful to know the source endpoint you are referring to in this scenario. As long as the source transaction log / archived logs are still available for you to resume from where you left off, there should be no data loss.

Please provide more details about this scenario.

Thanks,

Dana

Kent_Feng
Support
Support

Hi @ramu123 

When you reload the task, Replicate will do a full load - syncing your tables from your source database to the target database. This is a different process than CDC, where Replicate captures the data changes stored in transaction logs and applies to the target table. Therefore, just like Dana suggested, there should not be any data loss but please give more information so we can help you to find out the reason of latency.

Thanks

Kent

*** Greetings from Down Under ***
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @ramu123 

To add more to previous expert comments. When you reload the task, Replicate will do a full load - (Create Structure of table and insert data into) syncing your tables from your source database to the target database.

This is a different process than CDC, where Replicate captures the data changes stored in transaction logs and applies to the target table. Therefore, just like Dana suggested, there should not be any data loss but

During full load you will find a Tab which have cached changes since when full load started . Hence Qr has to apply those changes to target endpoint to complete the reload. if Those transaction initiated before then task may show latency.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar