Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lse
Employee
Employee

Quick tips #2 - Use the Task Manager, again

Use the Processes tab in the Task Manager to keep an eye on the memory consumption of the qv.exe or qvs.exe when you open  and while you click around in an application.

Start the QlikView developer or restart the QlikView Server service and take note of the memory used. Then open the document and take note of the memory and then use the application for a while and take note again.

It's not very precise but it will give you an indication of the RAM needed for the application.

Cheers from the Scalability Team.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
mr_barriesmith
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Lars, yes Task Manager is a development companion!  My question: do you use the QlikView memory statistics button?
We usually run 3 to 5 user test cases on a model, after each one we push the memory statistic button.  Then we load the exports into a model to evaluate RAM usage and Object speed.

The outcome is that we can use the results to estimate impact on server RAM/CPU.

lse
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi, Adam.

Thank you for the input.

Yes we use the .mem files, created by the Memory statistics button.

I use the Sheet Properties, see Quick Tips #3, more often but that is mainly when I "know" an application and want to observe a specific object.

More on this topic in a coming Quick Tip...

Cheers from the Scalability Team.