I am facing a really annoying issue with an app in Qlik Sense. Since 2 weeks ago it has already got corrupted 4 times, giving me no other option than deleting and republishing it again.
This is very frustrating as the app is displayed on static screens and each time we republish, all the links (more than 20 pages) need to be changed.
We have received two different kind of error messages when the app got corrupted: one directly saying that the app is corrupted and the other one saying "the object could not be found".
I don't really think this has something to do with the App itself but has relation some weird infrastructure issue. Have you experienced something like this before? Do you have any advice to avoid or reduce the risk of an app getting corrupted?
We found that most of the times the corruption was related with lack of RAM memory on the server. When this app was being reloaded and the server crashed, it used to get corrupted. Increasing the memory helped a lot.
On the other hand, when the app gets corrupted it doesn't let me to replace it by a different one, the only thing I can do is delete it and publish a new one.
Yes, after increasing the RAM in the server our app stopped getting corrupted.
Qlik Sense Engine used to crash as well when this happened. By comparing the logs from the engine crash and a memory dump we found correlation. However, only those apps who were being reloaded (or maybe saved) during the crash used to get corrupted. This particular app gets reloaded every 15 minutes, so it had a bigger chance of getting corrupted than others.